Wrong oil used in my Jetta TDI

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Total has a Quartz 7000 oil that's a 5w50. I used to use it in my ALH for track days. Not sure they still make it, however.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
For reference, I came across this AUDI technical bulletin from October 2017 about oils that meet the various standards:
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam...2017-Technical-Service-Bulletin-1.22.2018.pdf
Thank you for the link noelchenier. Just be mindful please that this technical bulletin along with others that have been posted here recently (in the last year or so) are not only all-inclusive but also out of date or inaccurate. As an example the Pennzoil entry for VW 504/507 shows as 'Pennzoil Platinum VX'. In reality Pennzoil/Shell no longer carries this oil but this one that has the VW 504/507 approval:

Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX

Which can be found online in places like Advanced Auto Parts and Walmart.

In addition now Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W-30 has the VW 504/507 approval.

hajes

TDI
Skoda "Hilda" Octavia HR I
I have seen my old owner's manual and no engine oil exists for my car anymore :-D

they change oil recommendations along they way what needs to be sold...now, it suppose to be VW505.01

Alcohol

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
If they are worrying about zinc contenet,,Shell Rotella T has massive amounts of zinc. We use this in our race car engines and have for years...never a problem

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Zinc content may be the same, but keep in mind that Rotella T6's forumlation has changed significantly in recent years.