Food for GTG Sounding Board

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
OK Boys and Girls, Wrench Turners and On lookers, and TDI enthusiasts alike,
It is time for the 4th Annual Midlands Biofuels GTG - July 12th
Thats right 39Days Away. So start making plans now.
July 12th has been chosen as this years date to give more people time to plan and make it.
Downtown Winnsboro, SC.
Location: Main Street Winnsboro, SC, beside Shell Gas Station and across the street from the Dodge Dealership.
Plant Address: 310 South Congress Street, Winnsboro, SC 29180
BIOJOE says:
"8am till 6 PM
Food : My Brothers BBQ will be the lunch item. Please bring any complimentary sides you'd like to share.
Biodiesel $3k per gallon on the b100 available and the $3.65 for B20 with Biocide and antioxidant added. We call it the "BioPro" blend.
I'll spray Side lot for mosquitoes again this year.
There's a car lift inside the plant and plenty of room to work on cars on the concrete as well as in the shaded grass areas beside the plant.
Pop Up Tents and bag chairs are always welcome.
Rental water cooled Swamp Fans will help contend with heat in and around plant.
A/C inside and 2 bath rooms with changing room.
Gas station next door if you need extra drinks and snacks.
I will be giving several tours during the day. We have retooled the entire Biodiesel plant to add methanol recovery and have eliminated water washing to purify fuel and now purify via Centrifuge! We have added over 20,000 gallons of process tanks, covered work area and filtration, as well as a new waste oil boiler that uses anything from motor oil to veggie oil to heat the plant.
Please bring any used motor oil or cooking oil you can!!! $.75 off per gallon donated. We've had people bring 100's of gallons in the past and paid for others discounts per gallon on biodiesel.
Shirts, Hats, sweatshirts for sale and Free Coozies I just had made to anyone that comes.
BYOFC - Bring Your Own Fuel Cans or I'll have some used totes and car boys you can use for temporary transport for free if you want.
Email biojoe@midlandsBiofuels.com or call 803-718-4727 if u need anything."

Last edited:

tcp_ip_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
Hi Joe, Mike Adams here.. I'm in the process of relocating back to Charlotte from Wilmington so count me in. Any of those dates work for me, I need 10 Gal of B100 so I may see you sooner if you guys go with the July dates.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Hey there Joe, I'm ready for another GTG! I think any of the above dates will work for me.

Looking forward to it!

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Awesome, I'll be there for any of those dates.
I'll be attending this event, but there will not be any Malone Tunes, Mark will be in Asia for a wedding.

Last edited:

50R BTR

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Alright! Road trip...see you there, June 14th. Will have just passed the 100,000 mark and will be looking to tap into the wealth of knowledge attending these events. Fun just to see what shows up! :cool:

Thanks, Bio Joe!

Ike T

TDI
2003 Jetta
"Biodiesel $3k per gallon on the b100"

:D

Sadly, I won't make this year's gathering.

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Looking forward to coming out again this year! July works better for me due to our Farmers Market schedule as well as giving me more time to work things out with my day job. Just lemme know when you know and I'll try to make it happen. Thanks!

I'll give you one guess what i chose for the vittles.;)

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
July 12th, to be precise. Robert T and I are going to Polyface Farms in Virginia on the 19th, so that one won't work.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
July 12th, to be precise. Robert T and I are going to Polyface Farms in Virginia on the 19th, so that one won't work.
If BioJoe posts that the date is officially July 12th, I will edit the thread title to reflect that change.

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Yeah, we went there about 4 years ago for the Lunatic Tour. This one is the Field Day that they throw every 3 years. It'll be our 1st time. It's like my trip to the Holy Land, especially since he's the one that inspired me to start a farm.

RobertT

TDI
00, 01,02 beetles, 02 Jetta...flipped and totaled.04 Passat BHW
July 12 works for me, kinda have a busy year planned on the farm, but I need some bio for sure.

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
Do we have a confirmed date ?

Hopefully June, July seems to be a conflict for some.
Losing Mark would be a bummer.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I need a date to edit the thread title, please. One of the dates proposed is only two weeks away. :)

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
July in a parking lot is going to be hot.
Are we sure this is the better date ?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I'll be attending this event, but there will not be any Malone Tunes, Mark will be in Asia for a wedding.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
July in a parking lot is going to be hot.
Are we sure this is the better date ?
Yes this date is best. Chosen based on responses to this thread.

If a lot of people said they could come this month we would have done it then.

Like every year we do it, It's gonna be perfect!

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
I'll be there bright and early. If anyone wants anything from the farm, lemme know and I'll be happy to bring it. Filiwestfarms@yahoo.com. I'm sure I'll be bringing some goodies to pitch I one way or the other. See you there!:)

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
Wouldn't miss it! We plan to be there too once again. It bears repeating -- although BioJoe will spray the lot next door for mosquitoes, bring 'Off' or something similar to ward off the tough guy insects that remain.

hip001

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL dsg
We would like to attend but not sure the 05 will be ready for road testing(doing a 5-speed swap). 500miles one way might be a nice test :)
I got aprox 250gal of Wvo but no way to haul it. Anyone have a mk4 trailer hitch for sale? :)

Last edited: