Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
Last edited:

RoseBud68

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 mk3 Jetta 1.9
I don't know....Those shock tower look to far gone. That going to need a far amount of metal to patch. Good luck.

iluvmydiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
rose, i had posted in the daily post where i have a cutout of another whole shock tower im going to trim down and see if i can fit it.

Last edited:

iluvmydiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
so on sat evening i caved, had to wait for this morning for the hardware to open, got a few cutting disks, didnt go well, as for one my compressor is a smaller one, also didnt really want to try to find the bigger compressor i have,,somewhere,. also its only a 4"grinder that and i didnt want to go over the 90psi its rated at. so anyway, switched back to the cutter. all the way to the left of the pic was too tight to get the torch in, so i,,took my other fire cloth and tried to cover everything(else) as best i could. anyway made out ok, no major fires, no disaster. (cutting from outside, to inside) cheap insurance those aprons, turned into fire cover cloths, they took a beating. other than smoldering, which i used spray bottles with water. suppressed anything small i made. no major problem A/C lines ok, fuel lines ok too, some damage to electrical outer insulation, probably from prev hack work.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4304/35599200060_c0c6b97257_m.jpg
still just getting to post links, not the photo, blaah.
anyways, going to have to de-rust area, and grind. then will metal-prep, then can paint, then i can move to next step. moving along.--.

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
Fwiw the photos seem to show up fine on my phone...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk