Work at fest?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
So, what kind of work do people generally do at fest? Generally keep it to a minium?

Just curious... Looking forward to meeting you all in 2 weeks!

-J

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
So, what kind of work do people generally do at fest? Generally keep it to a minium?
This particular Fest has some activities at a repair shop so there should be some work going on. Like any other GTG depends on what people want to do and bring for parts/tools. Not to mention arrangements for assistance for experienced help on a task.

FYI - last year's Fest had very little work as the hotel didn't want any wrenching taking place in their parking lot. The 2003 Fest also was in hotel parking lot but there was a timing belt change and some other work done at that one. 2002 Fest was at a drag strip with a timing belt and other wrenching done.

As the Fest location moves around every year and facilities for wrenching (and permission for same) vary there is no 'general rule' for work at a Fest.

Organizers - if there is a bunch of work slated to take place at Topel's will there be a sign up thread for stall time/general information? A friend of mine asked me if he could have his TDI's front end checked/aligned at Topel's - I have no idea what to tell him on that.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
The only work that I will be doing is cleaning my car for thw show. The other times I will just be socializing and drinking.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
Unlike many of the past Fests, yes we will have access to a repair shop to work on vehicles. We won't be putting together a schedule, so it will be first come first serve. There will be open shop time on Saturday following the Tech sessions, and if needed on Sunday.

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow
The Fest could be a good place for diagnostics, like for the ever-popular "low power" problem. There'll be plenty of vag-coms and lots of people with opinions!