Wisconsin tdi’s

Ckennedy686

TDI
2004 Jetta BEW
New here, Anyone in Wisconsin towards south east part of the state?

currently own a mk4 BEW Jetta vnt17 and deleted

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
There is/was a great guru in Madison area -

I know there tends to be a door county group tdi tour each fall. A decent number of Wisconsin tdis for sure. Michigan has a fairly active group with GTGs, MN used to have an active group but much less so these days.

Enjoy your bew. It is a good, mostly reliable, model. You might need a cam at some point but my understanding is the bew cam lasts better than the brm which is what I had.

Ckennedy686

TDI
2004 Jetta BEW
There is/was a great guru in Madison area -

I know there tends to be a door county group tdi tour each fall. A decent number of Wisconsin tdis for sure. Michigan has a fairly active group with GTGs, MN used to have an active group but much less so these days.

Enjoy your bew. It is a good, mostly reliable, model. You might need a cam at some point but my understanding is the bew cam lasts better than the brm which is what I had.
It’s been good for the time being, original owner kept a log book of every lil change and maintenance. Being a VW tech helps out too for parts as well

T1MMBOJONES

Veteran Member
TDI
03 ALH 01M wagon
i live in milwaukee and would likely attend a gtg or even help coordinate one. i have good connections with a venue of whom would gladly host. multiple food trucks, cold brew coffee on tap and two indoor bars plus a patio bar on the river. my friend has held van gatherings there which i bring mine (7.3l psd Ford E350) to. the lot can show upwards of 40 vws i would guess. live music could be a thing too as they have two stages.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I’ve got friends in Madison, would be a good reason to visit.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
If there was enough interest, I'd be willing to put on another Door County Cruise followed by a cookout/gtg at our shop. It'd be tough to have one in the next few weeks before Memorial Day, so a fall cruise/gtg would be a better option. Looking ahead October 19th would be a good weekend and it should be prime colors at that time too.
Let me know what you guys think and if there's enough interest I'll make thread about it.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Hopefully the Badger stays together, makes that trip a lot shorter.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I hear you there. I've taken it a few times to go riding at Silver Lake Sand Dunes and it takes off a good chunk of driving.
We went to the Door Peninsula last year, had to go back and forth the long way. The Badger broke just before we went. I used to spend a lot of time at the sand dunes. It was my brother's favourite spot on earth. He started going up there with a neighbour in the fifties. Then rented a lot right on the haul road for decades. There were trees all over the place at one time.
Just noticed my computers spell checker is a Canadian