wisc tdi owners

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I've already checked the Anti-shudder Valve, and it wasn't stuck shut. Another question too, when I turn the car over, with the fuel line off of the filter, shouldn't some fuel squirt out? My car isn't doing that :(

And Jason, the only problem with coming to you, is to I would have to trailer it about 230 miles to get to you.

What lovemybug said about the trailering.

No. You don't have a pump in the tank. You are making the problem worse by cranking it without the fuel lines hooked up.

Wonky

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI
Hauling it to Madison isn't really an option right now, I don't have the money to pay someone to haul it down there and I also don't have the money to pay a mechanic.

How do I make sure all of the air is out of the injection pump? Also, where would the paint marks be on the timing belt? On top?

jasonTDI

TDI
You'll never get all the air out. Just try to get a lot. A vacuum pump like an oil extractor works great.

The mark will be painted on the crank, cam and injection pump gears.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
Does anyone know of a good exhaust shop in the madison area? I'm not trying to get a custom exhaust made but more so just repairs. Mine broke right behind the cat and I don't want to drive it with just the down pipe/flex pipe supporting the cats weight. Also looks like it's busted right when the pipe leaves the elbow muffler near the trunk. Arg.

Jason, any recommendations for the Madison area?

jasonTDI

TDI
Next door to me. Come over and Skunk can fix you up. Cheap too.

He can build custom downpipes and do full stainless if you want it.

bogievw

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon- why yes, it is silver. How'd you know?
Next door to me. Come over and Skunk can fix you up. Cheap too.

He can build custom downpipes and do full stainless if you want it.
I can vouch for Skunk's work. He did a beautiful job on a 2.5" down pipe and cat back. Though I need to stop back in and have him try to take out a few rattles.

lvchap

TDI
2006 Jetta A5 179,000miles
Jason is cool as hell and knows his stuff - he installed a frostheater for me and life is good. lol Jason, if ya make it up this way and want a tour of the Air Traffic facilities, let me know - hell, we might have some F-16's beating the pattern; pretty good show. Thanks again - u da man!!!

jasonTDI

TDI
Thanks. Glad the heater is helping make the transition to the cold climes more bearable.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
How long do you run the frost heater in the AM before driving?

Also does anyone know the number to skunks shop or the hours? My cars officially down until the exhaust gets fixed.

jasonTDI

TDI
Skunk is in varying hours, usually 10-11 till ??? I've been keeping him quit busy with overflow work so he's usually around. He's DEAD slow so get the car over here. Call me first and I'll get him on the phone. Number is on the web page.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
Three hours is usually more than enough to get the engine up to full operating temperature. I put mine on a timer.
How long was the install? I wonder if they have these for my year. Mine doesn't give me to much gried on cold days but I bet it sure nice having it warmed up!

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
Just picked up the car. Thank you again to Jason for helping me out. Super super super happy with the results. The turbo sounds so cool now :D Definitely recommend skunk.

Donny O.

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat TDi
Just picked up the car. Thank you again to Jason for helping me out. Super super super happy with the results. The turbo sounds so cool now :D Definitely recommend skunk.
did you get a chance to check out the crazy scooter he built.

jasonTDI

TDI
Scooters plural.

He's on a MAD Rukus buying binge right now getting ready for the modding that comes in the spring/summer.

Glad you like the exhaust. Heaters are available from Frostheater.com for your car. They take a few hours to install and are a total PITA.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
How long was the install? I wonder if they have these for my year. Mine doesn't give me to much gried on cold days but I bet it sure nice having it warmed up![/QUOTE

I have only installed/help installeded Frost heaters on ALH engines. Assume your car is not different, it does not take much over a 30-45 minutes. 4 hands make it much easier for sure as the clamp on the oil cooler can be difficult to get off; with 4 hands you loose very little coolant.

jasonTDI

TDI
As I stated above it takes 2-4 hours.

bogievw

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon- why yes, it is silver. How'd you know?
Scooters plural.

He's on a MAD Rukus buying binge right now getting ready for the modding that comes in the spring/summer.

Glad you like the exhaust. Heaters are available from Frostheater.com for your car. They take a few hours to install and are a total PITA.
Half the fun of visiting Jason is watching the crowd that shows up over at Skunk's place. Suffice it to say that "zhey need to hafe zheir rhides un-pimped".

WI_Norskie

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Galactic Blue
How long was the install? I wonder if they have these for my year. Mine doesn't give me to much gried on cold days but I bet it sure nice having it warmed up![/QUOTE

I have only installed/help installeded Frost heaters on ALH engines. Assume your car is not different, it does not take much over a 30-45 minutes. 4 hands make it much easier for sure as the clamp on the oil cooler can be difficult to get off; with 4 hands you loose very little coolant.
This is on a B4V wagon - it takes a LOT more time to put in a Frost heater on one of these. Thus Jason's time estimate.

Side note: Skunk is trying to talk me into an un-modded Ruckus - hasn't worked yet.

TDIMcChanic

TDI
02 Jetta
Just installed one in my Jetta, love it! I have it on a timer, comes on 2 hours before work buuuut I leave it plugged in the whole time I'm at work.

toyomatt84

TDI
none... yet
I just wanted to drop in and say "hello". I'm not currently a TDi owner, but I'm on the look out for a 2000-2005 manual Jetta wagon. :) I've wanted one for a while, but it just hasn't made it in to my budget of affordability (at least the up-front cost of the car).

Wonky

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI
Finally got the Jetta back today after a month in the shop and tons of headaches. Turns out, it was a hole in the fuel line and a bad seal that caused it to die and not run.