Wiring (HELP) for Power Drivers Seat

NRU73

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GOLF TDI Silver, 5 Speed
mshook said:
I just puchased driver and Passenger power seats for my sons 2002 Jetta that now has manual seats. Can anyone advise me on the correct part nubmers for the connectors and where I can purchase them?

Mike
You must be joking.

In the beginning of the post it gives all of the part numbers that may be needed. And the post above your tells you were to get the patch wires and all that Jazz.
It isn't to hard to do if you do a search and read of what others had to do.

This thread here is very informative if you read it carefully to really understand what is being said.

I believe that Old Poopie in a different thread had drawn a wiring diagram for heated seats that really spelled out what needed to be done and how he did it.

Between the 2 threads it took me about 7 hours to do my wifes car but with the memory function and now heat it is pretty much awesome.

Last edited:

TDI-84

TDI
'03 Jetta TDI
Seats compatible with '03 Jetta TDI

Can anybody confirm which MY MKIV leather power seats will work find with an '03 Jetta? I think someone said that they changed between '01 and '02 ? Would it be correct to state that if I were to get a set of seats from an '02, '03, '04, or '05 Jetta they would go into my '03 no problem?

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS 5-Speed, 2003, White
TDI-84 said:
Can anybody confirm which MY MKIV leather power seats will work find with an '03 Jetta? I think someone said that they changed between '01 and '02 ? Would it be correct to state that if I were to get a set of seats from an '02, '03, '04, or '05 Jetta they would go into my '03 no problem?
Well I took mine from a '02, and put them into my '03 and they work great. :cool:

Obviously, a '03 will work, and I am pretty sure a '04 will, but I have not paid attention if anything changed in '05.

ats2000

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI ALH
Thanks! Success

Just wanted to thank all that helped put the instructions together! I've added power with memory leather seats in my 2000 Jetta TDI. Now to work on the heated portion of the mod.

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
bump an old thread as im putting 00 GLX power seats into my GLS jetta

Airbag wire was not the same (nice thing though the car I got the seats from was in a rollover and I could cut and take the wiring.)

Ive just finished the passanger seat. green plug from car (was heated seat before just cloth) just pluged in, SRS clip I cut and patched the one from the wrecked car. there is still a black wire in MY car that was plugged into my old seat that I cant find a spot for on the new seat (Black plug 2 wires)

The passanger seat is working fine, Heated, power (just hooked red harness it into a power and groung), 3 wire Airbag connector is hooked up.

driver is un touched. do i need the brown clip if I only want the power to the seat and the memorie bottons to work. (not worried about the mirror thing or fob thing (as I only have one fob right now anyways)

thanks MIke

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
BadnewsEvo,

I believe you will find the Power Seat will work without the Brown (Memory) connector hooked up, but I do not think the memory function will work. The seat gets its positional information from the car, and it is not stored internal to the seat. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember. :confused:

It has been quite a few years since I did this, and I have never for one moment regretted it. :cool:

Flash9

tbmccann

TDI
2002 Jetta
tongsli said:
Julio,

[ QUOTE ]
Slight problem..the 2001 power seat control module will not work with your 2002 car for seat memory.

The seats will MOVE, but you won't be able to use the memory functions. If you don't care, then proceed as normal.

The seat frames will fit fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

L
So I am a total n00b and don't even know if this thread is even active anymore. I do have a question if anyone could help that would be great. I have a 2002 Jetta (manufacture date of 6-01) I just bought a set of power heated seats and the date on the sticker at the bottom of the seat says 10-05-2001 as the manufacture date. So basically my question is does anyone know if these seats are for model year 2002? and if they are I should be able to hook the memory function up correct? Here is a phone pic of the label on the bottom of the drivers seat:

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
MY Seat vs Car

I can not say for sure, but I can tell you that the power feature will work. It is only a question if the seat and your CAN-BUS will communicate and thus the memory feature will work. The fact that the seat was built within a few months of your car, I think you will be just fine.

It is very easy to wire this in (if you already have heated seats). Just read through the whole post, and you should be good to go.

Good luck :cool:

Last edited:

ahardy4

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Confused about the pin 3 wires

Hi all,

Just got a 02 TDI Jetta yesterday, and I've got a line on some nice power seats, so I figure why not? Ran across this thread (and forum) while searching the internet and, I gotta say, great stuff. I apologize for beating a dead horse here, but I'm rather confused as to where the pin three wires go. The pin three wires from the drivers and passenger seat converge at the unmarked blue circle in your diagram, then continue to what I assume is the inline fuse you installed (Rectangle marked S44 and 30A), from there I'm not sure where it goes. I'm guessing to either 30 on the power bar is that right?

Also just wanted to make sure I know what I need before I get started, so is this a complete parts list to run just power and not memory?

12 ga automotive wire,
16 ga automotive wire,
(2) 1J0 937 713(B) (passenger and driver)
(2) 1JO 937 714(B)
30 Amp fuse
30 Amp inline fuse holder

Am I missing anything?

Thanks again for the great writeup,

Abram

tbmccann

TDI
2002 Jetta
Thanks for the reply Flash. I'm thinking the same thing that you are about the seats. I guess it wont hurt to hook it up and see if it works. I have one more question that is slightly off topic. The replacement seats that I have are currently in the reclined position, I tried to adjust them with the manual lumbar support knob and they wont move. Is this normal for the seats lumbar support to not move when they aren't installed even though they have a manual lumbar adjustment?

tbmccann

TDI
2002 Jetta
ahardy4 said:
Hi all,

Just got a 02 TDI Jetta yesterday, and I've got a line on some nice power seats, so I figure why not? Ran across this thread (and forum) while searching the internet and, I gotta say, great stuff. I apologize for beating a dead horse here, but I'm rather confused as to where the pin three wires go. The pin three wires from the drivers and passenger seat converge at the unmarked blue circle in your diagram, then continue to what I assume is the inline fuse you installed (Rectangle marked S44 and 30A), from there I'm not sure where it goes. I'm guessing to either 30 on the power bar is that right?

Also just wanted to make sure I know what I need before I get started, so is this a complete parts list to run just power and not memory?

12 ga automotive wire,
16 ga automotive wire,
(2) 1J0 937 713(B) (passenger and driver)
(2) 1JO 937 714(B)
30 Amp fuse
30 Amp inline fuse holder

Am I missing anything?

Thanks again for the great writeup,

Abram
it looks like the wires coming from pin 3 are "spliced" together at the blue circle on the diagram, and yes you are correct that the S44 if the fuse (either an inline fuse or the OEM parts) And yes the 30 is either one on the power bar under the dash. Don't forget to get the repair wires to go into the red connections.

NRU73

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GOLF TDI Silver, 5 Speed
tbmccann said:
The replacement seats that I have are currently in the reclined position, I tried to adjust them with the manual lumbar support knob and they wont move.

tbm, The lumbar is only a small area in the seat back that will move. By turning the lumbar knob you can not adjust the recline of the seats. You need power to them to move the recline of the seat back.

Nate

tbmccann

TDI
2002 Jetta
Thanks NRU, that's what I thought too since both seats did the same thing just wanted to get a second opinion before taking the time to install them.

ahardy4

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Just a quick update. I got my seats in and wired up. The power works great, however it appears that the memory buttons on the side of the seat don't work with just the 3,4,5 power pins hooked up. Unless of course I messed something up. Rather than tapping the cable coming out of the #1 fuse I just put in an inline fuse holder and connected pin 3 to 75X through a 10 amp fuse. Perhaps that is the problem, but I don't see why that would be a problem. Meh, no biggie at least the power adjustments work :).

tbmccann

TDI
2002 Jetta
I just put power seats in my car and the memory buttons don't work either. I didn't bother hooking up the memory because I only have 1 key fob and I'm the only person that drives the car so it's really not a biggie for me either.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I have an early memory control module for sale if either of you want to get your memory working (provided you have it wired correctly). What part number do you have on your current module?

jasman19

TDI
2004 Golf
I just wired up some power seats in my 04 golf and everything works except the memory because of the can/bus issue. What I hope someone can help me with is what to do with the can/bus wires for the air bags. The seats only have the three wire connector and my car had a three wire connector with two more wires that went into a twisted pair. I'm wondering if there is a way to go into vag-com and turn off monitoring on the seat air bags. Also I was wondering if it takes a while for the seats to heat up for anyone else. I've been in other cars with seats and they seem to heat up quickly, but mine seem to take atleast a couple of minutes.

thanks

ahardy4

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Perhaps your talking about a different connector, as my car is an 02, however there was an extra connector in the car when I changed over to older seats. This connector went into the seat belt on the old seat and ended in a plunger that was depressed when the seat belt was connected. I just removed the wire, connector, and plunger from the old seat belt, wired the plungers down (so the car always thinks the seat belts are connected), plugged it in and threw it under the seat. Again, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same connector here, but hope that helps.

Good luck,
Abram

tbmccann

TDI
2002 Jetta
Hey jasman19 I really don't know about the can/bus wiring issue that you have. My car is an 02 and the seats I used were from an 02 as well so I didn't have any wiring issues. With the seat heaters mine take a few minutes (2-3) to start getting warm. With the airbag wiring you could always try swapping the airbag harness within the seat. I think there is a tread on how to swap the harness either here or on the vwvortex forum under the DIY section.

Last edited:

jasman19

TDI
2004 Golf
Ahardy- I did a search and found the an old thread where you posted about the plunger. The solution that I'm finding is to switch the seat belts to your seat belts from the old seat. Issue is I don't have them here and my interior is not gray anymore its tan.

tbmccann- My fault on the previous post, the extra wires under the seat are for the seat belt on not the airbag module. Everything swapped fine except for the extra connectors. I tried doing a search for swapping out the harness, but couldn't find anything.

Someone mentioned, through my searching, that you can recode the airbag module and the fault will go away. I'm interested in finding out how to do this. I'm going to use my vag-com today and clear the faults to see if they'll come back or not. I know its an open fault, but maybe the airbag light will go out, which is really all I care about.

Thanks so far.

ahardy4

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
I see your problem, not having the old seats would be a problem. Hope the recoding works for you. If not you might be able to source the part from a junker somewhere, wouldn't need the whole seat just the seat belt connector, or if color is an issue the switch inside the seat belt connector housing.

Good luck.

pogromca

TDI
B5GP TDI AVB 2005
Hello,
Could someone tell me how are seat belt lockers connected? There is one 4-pin connection under driver's seat and one 2-pin under passenger's seat, but I don't have wires in car and can't find any wiring diagram of this feature.
Thanks.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
If you don't have the harness in your car, I imagine you don't have the connectors on your old seats? If that is the case just swap the seat belt latches from seat to seat.

pogromca

TDI
B5GP TDI AVB 2005
Hello,
Yes, I don't have connectors on my old seats but I just bought new leather power seats US-version and I wanna connect seat belt reminder.
I looked into passat wiring diagrams but I couldn't find any information about it. Maybe it's because I have Euro wiring diagrams and in Europe this feature is disabled.
Sorry for my English.

tamorgen

Veteran Member
Unlocking Issue with Memory Seats

Hi all,
I just spent most of yesterday and Friday doing a massive install on my buddies TDI. We had the whole dash out, installed Climatronic, and while we had it out we installed powered memory, heated leather seats in his car at the same time. Having the dash out for the climatronic was the ideal time to do it, since all the factory harnesses were properly exposed, so we were able to run the new harness very neatly.

Everything got wired up, but we are having issues with his memory seats. We were testing everything once everything got put back together, and his dome lights kept coming on, and it kept unlocking the car. We disconnected his memory connection under the seat, and it stopped. This definately seems to be the source of the problem. Now, we are trying to figure out what is going on, and what could have gone wrong.

Wiring seems to match the diagrams at the beginning of this post. We had a premade harness from Kufatec, and followed the instructions they provided. The colors of the wires for the memory housing didn't seem to match up with what was in the actually in place, nor did it match up with what Kufatec said they would be, but we matched up the wires on each of the pins to the harness, and studied the Bentley before we hooked anything up. Our only questions were on the three memory wires, pin's 1, 9 & 10 on the memory housing under the drivers seat. 1 ended up going the K wire, pin 7 on the ODB port, and 9 and 10 wen to the Can bus connections on T23 (CCM), pins 6 & 9. Off the top of my head, I don't remembery which was which, but I do believe the colors matched what was posted earlier.

So, does anybody have any ideas why it may be unlocking? Do we need to code anything in vag com?

Kufatec Instructions:

Anschlussanleitung für Kabelsatz Sitzheizung + Sitzverstellung mit Memory Funktion Fahrerseite Golf 4

• Schwarze/grüne Leitung – Sicherung S5 (Kl.15) einfach mit dazuklemmen mittels Stromklemme an die schwarz/blaue Leitung mit dran
  • rote Leitung – Sicherung S44 (Kl.30) beide rote Leitungen in diesen Sicherungssteckplatz,
    Ringkabelschuh an Schraubklemme Kl.30 Mikrozentralelektrik, 30 A Sicherung
  • schwarze Leitung – Sicherung S1 (Kl.75x) an die rot/braune Leitung mir dran
  • graue Leitung – Beleuchtung Schalter (Kl.58b) mittels Stromklemme an Pin 17
  • Stecker Lichtschalter (gr/bl)
  • braune Leitung – Massepunkt unterhalb der Lenksäule
  • graue Leitung mit weißer Tülle – Diagnosestecker Pin 7 hier sollte am besten gelötet werden weil 0,35 qmm
  • gelb/grüne Leitung – CanBus Low, Pin 6 (or/br) Stecker 23polig am
    Steuergerät Komfortsystem, anlöten weil 0,35 qmm
  • gelbe Leitung – CanBus High, Pin 9 (or/gn) Stecker 23polig
    Steuergerät Komfortsystem, anlöten weil 0,35qmm
And the quick Google translation:

Following instructions for cable set seats + seat adjustment with memory function driver's side Golf 4
  • Black / green line - Fuse S5 (Kl.15) just stick to using current clamp to the black / blue wire with turn

[*]Red line - Fuse S44 (Kl.30) two red lines in these fuse slot
    [*]Ring cable lug to screw Kl.30 Micro Central Electric, 30 A fuse
    [*]Black line - fuse S1 (Kl.75x) to the red / brown wire me tuned

[*]Gray Line - lighting switch (Kl.58b) using current clamp on pin 17 light switch connector (gr / bl)

[*]Brown line - mass point below the steering column

[*]Head gray with white spout - diagnostic connector pin 7 here is best soldered be because qmm 0.35

[*]Yellow / green line - Canbus low, pin 6 (or / br) connector on 23polig
    Comfort control system, because solder on 0.35 mm ²

[*]Yellow line - Canbus high, pin 9 (or / gn) plug 23polig Comfort control system, because solder on 0.35 mm ²

Last edited:

2510pete

TDI
Golf GT TDI(130)
Hi Tamorgen

Its a while since you posted your question about your car unlocking itself after fitting a kufatec harness. My car is doing a similar thing with it unlocking itself, sounding the alarm, door open messages and interior light coming on when driving etc. I have contacted kufatec but they are as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Did you manage to find a solution to this problem? I also have no memory function on my seats. Is this all connected?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Pete

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
Great post, i may be picking up heated, power, leather, to put in my golf and this info will be very hand.

jprine

Veteran Member
TDI
03 GLS Golf TDI, 04 R32, 05 Passat Wagon TDI
I just picked up a memory seat from a 01 and i have a 03.. After reading everything a few times seems like im reading the memory wont work because the can-bus doesn't work the same or pre-02/03 they used something else? This true? If so feel free to contact me if you got newer seats for your older car and want to swap modules... :(