Wires hanging below car

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
So... I did some dirt-roading in my non-lifted JSW, and I straddled a rock or something and it peeled back a piece of heat reflector(very little), and grabbed 2 wires and pulled them down under the car to where now they're hanging like a loop waiting to catch something and get ripped out.

They're right next to the exhaust and are wrapped in that fabric heat reflector stuff, and they don't want to tuck back up. Is there something like exhaust tape that I could tape them back up with, that can handle the heat? I'll try and put a picture but I've had issues with that in the past.

ShelbyRazorback

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6MT (traded in). None at the moment.
I'm not familiar with what holds those wires up but can you see some sort of fastener that holds them to the body? Maybe the wires were ripped out of a fastener of some kind.

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not familiar with what holds those wires up but can you see some sort of fastener that holds them to the body? Maybe the wires were ripped out of a fastener of some kind.
Don't see anything, it loos like they just ran across straight, then something tugged them down a bit.

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm also wondering which wires these are- they run perpendicular to the catalytic converter and are level with the passenger side rear of the cat.

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Thats also a good possibility.

Point is, you're going to want to get the car on jack stands and repair and damaged wires and secure them

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
Haven't had time to really get under there yet, will do so tomorrow. It's 2 wires, one has a plastic sleeve, other one doesn't. All I really want to do is tuck them in so they aren't hanging down like a loop. They seem otherwise un-damaged.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Zip tie them up out of the way. I probably don’t have to mention it but do not zip tie them to the exhaust pipe.