Wire Money Transfer - how long after turn in?

msandhu413

TDI
Audi TDI
Hello Folks,
what is the time frame the money shows up in your account after you turn in your vehicle. For instance - my turn is on the 28th at 1pm - when will the VW transfer the funds in my account.
The reason why i ask i am looking at another vehicle to buy next week and like to make sure i have the funds before submitting any offer.
Thank you.
Mac

Ram4Sam

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SE
I turned in our Jetta on 12/13 in the afternoon. Turn in was barely 20 minutes with 10 minutes of BS'ing with the chika......:) Got the funds email on Wednesday afternoon, registered with Chase paymnets . Funds in my Wells Fargo acct Thursday morning, 12/15......

Sam

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Figure two business days after your turn in. You might get the Chase e-mail late the next day, and if you complete the application promptly, see the money in your account the following day. So you could have the money in your account by Friday the 30th,

If it is not there by the 30th, the next business day is January 3rd, as Jan 2 is the day New Years day will be observed (Jan 1 is a Sunday).

Snowmobileaddict

TDI
2011 Jetta Sedan TDI
Turned in last Wednesday at 2pm.

Chase Bank e-mail arrived last Thursday at 7:45PM

Followed directions and links in the Chase e-mail and initiated the funds transfer to my bank account (non-Chase) at 9:45PM last Thursday night.

By 6am the next day (Friday) the funds were included in my "Available Balance" in my account. They were not pending, they were there and ready to be spent less than 12hours after initiating the transfer.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
This is a variable. If VW says it will happen in 3 days, (?????), but it could be anything from very quickly, as in a few hours, up to days depending on the variables of that particular transaction. It is impossible to give a single time for these transfers that will fit all cases.
Also, I hope the OP is not confusing a Wire Transfer with EFT, which are somewhat different. Usualy a wire transfer is something that is paid for, i.e., there is a fee attached, while an EFT is not. My understanding is that these things were being done by EFT. If so, it should happen quickly and painlessly. We use EFTs every month for recurring bills to utilities & etc. that don't take credit cards. Using Pay Pal for personal use is essentially using EFTs.

mrp

TDI
2014 Passat SE
Problem with Chase link--Help!

i hit the "Accept Money" button in the Chase email and it only took me to a generic login page. Could not figure out how to register an account so i could initiate the EFT. the email didn't have any ID or password to log in with. Any ideas? thanks

mrp

TDI
2014 Passat SE
i hit the "Accept Money" button in the Chase email and it only took me to a generic login page. Could not figure out how to register an account so i could initiate the EFT. the email didn't have any ID or password to log in with. Any ideas? thanks
never mind---i just bought kaspersky total security and didn't know how aggressive it is. i had to turn a lot of it off in order to get the Chase registration fields to come up. easy after that.