Wiper Clicking, not a relay

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
I'm going to have to take it in for this one because its really annoying. I did a search and some said they have a relay clicking but this is mechanical in nature. Just wanted to know if anyone had to deal with this yet.

The sound on the video is a little off, the clicking happens right when the wiper hits the bottom of the channel then up a few millimeters 'CLICK' then stops until the next cycle.

And it does happen intermittently.

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
Yup - kinda seems like the drivers side tip is hitting the passenger side arm. Have you looked at it right in the middle with wipers working and not?

Maybe the drivers side blade isn't seated correctly in arm.

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
Its poor video quality (cell phone). Video and Sound don't line up properly.

Yeah, I found it. The end of the passenger wiper blade is hitting the plastic in the corner of the windshield. I measured the blade at 19" so it shouldnt be hitting it. Something is off in the wiper mechanism. Its coming down past the point it should and 'thwaking' the end of the blade.

Last edited:

pinkertonfloyd

Veteran Member
TDI
14' Subie Outback FMR: 12' Jetta TDI/P+N
Anyone get resolution to this issue? It is happening on mine as well.
On mine it was tapping the cowl just like that, Dealer "Adjusted" it when I had it in ("To VW Specifications"), no charge.

Seems a lot of Jettas left Mexico with the wipers set low like this. I've seen this complaint about a dozen times on the VI.

Last edited:

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
Ive noticed going down the road with the wipers going you can hear like a actuator going and some clicking happening under the dash.

Organdonor

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sedan 6MT
Ugh, thanks for reminding me to have the dealer adjust mine, too. I haven't noticed it of late, however in the past mine made the same click. I, too, tracked it down to the passenger side whacking the trim.

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
Anyone get resolution to this issue? It is happening on mine as well.
Yeah, just had to take it back to the dealer and argue with them. Apparantly, my video here wasnt good enough proof that it was actually slapping. :rolleyes: I explained that the tip of the PASSENGER wiper was hitting and needed to be adjusted.

I got them to adjust it after threatening to call VWoA. But a few weeks later it started happening again.....Back to the dealer...

The second time they told me they got it this time. They told me that the first tech had adjusted the DRIVERS SIDE WIPER. :eek:

I almost forgot about this one. ha.