Wiper Blades...

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
My '15 Golf TDI is around a year and a half old and all three wiper blades are shot...torn ends.

So, off to the VW dealer I go and get a dose of "sticker shock" as OEM wiper blades are $25 a pop...that's $75+tax. Damn.

And, I'm still waiting for the buy back people to contact me.

rc74racer

TDI
2015 GSW SE TDI
I got Trico blades from Wal-Mart, but were on sale. I believe regularly they are 15-17 a piece for the two front ones. I did not replace the rear yet, it was still ok.

Last edited:

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
Bosch Icon's are rated best or second best. Buy off amazon for about $35-40 for the front two. The back one didn't work for me. I bought at the parts counter at the dealer for under $25. Don't remember the amount.

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
WoW, not so much activity around here since TDI's went to the Grave.
Down to Wiper Blades.
Rubber products now a days suck , coming from a Gray not so Haired guy .

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Look where he is from...... When I lived in Vegas I turned on my wipers maybe 6 times a year and usually had to replace them at least twice on the car parked outside. the rubber would just start falling off the arm after being in the sun a couple months. I tried multiple brands, no difference.

When the daughter took her driving test there, I was warned of many fails before the test starts due to failing the pre-test inspection of vehicle because of wiper blades.

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
Look where he is from...... When I lived in Vegas I turned on my wipers maybe 6 times a year and usually had to replace them at least twice on the car parked outside. the rubber would just start falling off the arm after being in the sun a couple months. I tried multiple brands, no difference.

When the daughter took her driving test there, I was warned of many fails before the test starts due to failing the pre-test inspection of vehicle because of wiper blades.
Yeah, it's quite hot in southern Arizona...:eek: My trade in, a '06 Honda Accord used wiper blade INSERTS that cost around $8USD at Honda dealership. Unlike the VW wiper blades, the Honda units never tore apart. I replaced them every 18 months.