Winnipeg/Manitoba owners

MennoScot

TDI
2004 Jetta wagon GLS TDI
Manitobans:
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with an independent garage known as "Peters' Service" located south of Winkler. He's been doing servicing for 40 years, and focuses mainly on VW diesel, refitting older models etc.
Anyway, I just had an oil change done there, and learned a lot by watching him at work. Just curious to know if anyone has been to his shop.

-Joel

colezy9

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI Highline
A+ for Peters' Service

MennoScot said:
Manitobans:
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with an independent garage known as "Peters' Service" located south of Winkler. He's been doing servicing for 40 years, and focuses mainly on VW diesel, refitting older models etc.
Anyway, I just had an oil change done there, and learned a lot by watching him at work. Just curious to know if anyone has been to his shop.

-Joel
Joel - I responed to your other post about Peters' service, but I'll repsond to this one as well. Peters' Service is a great shop - I had a zerostart circulating heater installed there yesterday. Bill Peters' and his assistant Carl did a great job. Also If you ever get any other service done their - they only use Mann filters which is the only way to go - however I had Bill do my first service job and now I'll be able to do my own (oil service, oil filter, air, filter, cabin filter, fuel filter) and I watched Bill do all of this. I also watched the whole process of installing the circ heater and Bill and Carl gave me lots of useful tips. Bill is in his late 60's or 70's so he's worked on a lot of TDI's and knows what he is doing.

Last edited:

Jetta4Jeff

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta PD M5
a fall tune up GTG?

Any thought to a GTG in the near future? Could be in various places in Wpg., Dugald/Oakbank area, or perhaps in the triangle(Carmen/morden/Winkler)? Could also be done over a couple of days in Brandon to allow Sask./Northern States owners to get in on this.
What sayest all?

colezy9

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI Highline
Gtg

Brandon is a good choice in my mind, Winnipeg would be my second choice

Jetta4Jeff said:
Any thought to a GTG in the near future? Could be in various places in Wpg., Dugald/Oakbank area, or perhaps in the triangle(Carmen/morden/Winkler)? Could also be done over a couple of days in Brandon to allow Sask./Northern States owners to get in on this.
What sayest all?

TDI_YWG

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI, '03 Golf GL TDI, '01 T4 California Exclusive, '00 T4 Multivan "Atlantis"
Any interest out there? Haven't been around this section for a month or so. I would be up for a gtg. There are lots of TDI owners out here. My vote is for Oakbank. If anyone is interested pm me and we can try to get something going quick. I could make and put up some posters around town here.

Scott

Jetta4Jeff

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta PD M5
GTG in Oakbank???

Sure... I'm interested... won't be available on the 21st as I'm in Steinbach for a year-end party at the DropZone there but could make it, with sufficient notice, just about anytime. Could even just be for a coffee.
I've been buying diesel at the Shell bulk dealer in Dugald now for about 22 yrs so Oakbank is close.
Lemme know...

Jetta4Jeff

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta PD M5
dieselgus said:
I am still in..... but when??? Where???
Someone will have to bite the bullet and act as a host.. I'm in an apartment in the city but there is a garage (Certigard) right next door with a good sized parking lot that he will let us set up on. I'm also right across the street from a "Timmy's" so those that have to have their caffiene fix won't go without... The Curtis hotel, a Chinese food restaurant, and a McD's are very close too. Kildonan Park is across the river, about 10 minutes away, or a run up Henderson Hwy to Lockport, or Selkirk, if a cruise destination is desired.
My availability for the 28th is good...
Your thoughts?

dieselgus

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Variant Black/Black
This Sat actually works nicely for me...... I have a tattoo appointment scheduled for noon, but I would imagine I can make an appearance sometime later in the afternoon.

No one else has chimed in though......

TDI_YWG

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI, '03 Golf GL TDI, '01 T4 California Exclusive, '00 T4 Multivan "Atlantis"
I am trying to think of a spot we could use in Oakbank on a Saturday. I'll ask around town over the next couple of days and post what I find out.
Scott

Reynald Gonnin

TDI
Golf 2003 GLS
Hi Gus, I would like to meet I need to clear a code with the VAG because my laptop with software CANNOT READ MY ACTUAL CODE, I have access to one of the newest shop in Winnipeg (but not equipt with a Vag-Com ) :) So drop me a line at reynald4@mts.net

BENDERS

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDi
I live in winnipeg too and I would be interested in gtg. I am also planning to head out to the volks sport show in mineapilos in june anybody else from mb heading out there?

dr.diesle

Veteran Member
TDI
92 golf tdi/01 golf tdi /02 golf tdi/04 jetta wagon tdi/vanagon westy tdi
sounds interesting but I see nothing about a fishing excursion so I may not come , I'd like to , I could bring some cool sofware as well as vagcom, I have many parts and would like to share my knowledge with thoose who like to learn , I have friends in brandon I would like to see as well keep us informed

Jetta4Jeff

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta PD M5
Would love a gtg in Wpg, PlaP or Brandon...
Not too far from anywhere... especially at $0.963/liter.:D
Have a ranch here in AZ, Mb, which ain't far from Sydney, AUS, Austin, Tex, Holland but am a whlie from Miami, Fla!:)
Chat soon!

Jack Frost

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Clean Diesel
Gtg

I would come if it were on a weekend. Been a new TDI owner, I have not been to one so it is hard to suggest where and when.

It should be equally accessible distance-wise to everyone interested on this thread. It should have someplace to sit down and eat and drink coffee. It could be automotive in nature. It should not be too close to Christmas.

Some suggestions:

1) Petro Canada in Anola,
2) Any of the Pony Coral locations in Winnipeg
3) (Any other suggestions by anyone else)

Rawlins

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI
This is a pretty old thread. Has anyone actually had a GTG yet from this thread? Im just finding it now and would love to get to know some of the other diesel owners around here. Im from Altona but spend my weekends (and now most of my time) in winnipeg. Would love some help with the problems im having. Even good general advice face to face and a cup of coffee or a beer would be sweet.