Windshield Washer Indicater Issue

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
If your car doesn't have one you can have the one in mine. When the fluid gets low it starts flashing every ten seconds across the top of the MFD until you fill up. Very obnoxious, IMO.

Squarehead

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG
That’s so funny!

The other day on my way to work I was wondering the same thing as I was pulling back the wiper switch to squirt my caked full of crud window and nothing came out!

Kind of tough driving at 80KPH with your head out the window at -14C.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I haven't had to refill the reservoir in my '10 yet, so I don't know whether there's a warning.

How did anyone survive in the old days in cars with no sensor?

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
If your car doesn't have one you can have the one in mine. When the fluid gets low it starts flashing every ten seconds across the top of the MFD until you fill up. Very obnoxious, IMO.
I guess in winter, as Squarehead pointed out, the warning light does come in handy. But not flashing every ten seconds.

masterflex164

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, it is very annoying in both my JSW and my Q7. I know on my JSW, even when the light comes, there is still ample fluid inside the bottle in the car. I go out and buy a jug of fluid, and I still have over 1/2 of the jug left. Now I just wait until the all of the fluid is emptied before refilling. Very annoying

sydneycb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
My God the problems you people have to deal with in your life!
How do you manage to get through a day.......SO brave!

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
i was going thru the VCDS options and washer fluid warning light is there, i wonder if its something you have to click to add, well not in our basic clusters, but maybe once we upgrade to the full MFD cluster.