Windshield Nozzle and unplugged vacuum hose

gte824j

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Hi Everbody. I have (2) questions on a couple issues which are unrelated. TDI is '02 Golf 5-speed.

The first issue has to do with the replacement windshield nozzle I ordered. Part Number 6E0-955-985-B. The wiper fluid line coming through the hood seems to be missing the female connector on the end that accepts the nozzle. I am unable to attach the replacement nozzle. I'm displaying a photo below of the female connector that is in-tact on my one functioning nozzle(passenger side). Is there any way to order this female connector piece? Are the nozzles different from passenger, driver's side?

Female connector I'm looking for:

----------
The other issue has to do with a loose vacuum hose which has seemed to work its way loose. Does anyone know where this vacuum line goes? It has a green-colored dashed line on it and originates from a T fitting. I removed the intake hose in order to take this photo. The car seems to be running fine. I haven't noticed any changes in operation or performance. Last weekend, I did perform the glowplugs 101 troubleshooting procedure and I may have unknowingly dislodged this hose while unplugging the coolant temp sensor. Here is a photo of the loose vacuum hose. You'll notice the loose end is lying just above the MAF sensor for display purpose.

Thanks

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Well, the vacuum line is easy. It plugs into the airbox lid, under and rearward to the MAF. It supplies filtered air to the two sensors on the firewall.

Your part number for the nozzles are correct, same for both sides. However, ETKA doesn't show that connector. I suspect you are about to go junkyarding.

Last edited:

gte824j

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Thanks!

Yeah, I figured as much. Previous owner said the nozzle was broken off during a bad ice storm. I guess it must've pulled off that end piece. I'll have to check boneyards or rig something up. Shouldn't be too hard.