Windshield cowl part 3B1819415EB41 discontinued?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Wouldn't be surprised it's NLA - custom molded plastic body pieces are usually the first items to stop production when a model gets old enough - last time these cars were produced was 16 years ago... :-(

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
Wouldn't be surprised it's NLA - custom molded plastic body pieces are usually the first items to stop production when a model gets old enough - last time these cars were produced was 16 years ago... :-(
Well, 11-12 years if you count Skoda Superb and VW-China's Lingyu. But who's counting? 😜

chickenfriend

TDI
2004 Passat BHW
I was too late to buy that one in the ebay listing. I am sure another one will crop up again, used or new.

In the meantime, would it be sufficient to drive without it, if I fashioned a cover for the cabin air filter?

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
There are 3 new ones listed on ebay right now. I just used the part number in search.

chickenfriend

TDI
2004 Passat BHW
Now wondering if the earlier versions of that cowl will fit.

Right now, I have the cabin air filter shielded from rain with aluminum foil.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
There are 2 of them currently active on eBay.

Sub 100 for each. The same part for a 99 to 2004 land rover is 400

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
The -C version appears to have an additional feature added to the center of the back. Having never actually looked at that area of a b5 I don't know what it is for. It may be able to be removed for use on the b5.5. I'm in the same boat now. I ordered one the day before I posted the link above, but my order was cancelled since they were out of stock. I'm also having trouble finding a decent used one.

themightyquinn

TDI
1999 New Beetle Black
I have a couple of good used ones at my garage, shipping might be expensive given the size though.