Windshield cowl part 3B1819415EB41 discontinued?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Wouldn't be surprised it's NLA - custom molded plastic body pieces are usually the first items to stop production when a model gets old enough - last time these cars were produced was 16 years ago... :-(

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
Wouldn't be surprised it's NLA - custom molded plastic body pieces are usually the first items to stop production when a model gets old enough - last time these cars were produced was 16 years ago... :-(
Well, 11-12 years if you count Skoda Superb and VW-China's Lingyu. But who's counting? 😜

chickenfriend

TDI
2004 Passat BHW
I was too late to buy that one in the ebay listing. I am sure another one will crop up again, used or new.

In the meantime, would it be sufficient to drive without it, if I fashioned a cover for the cabin air filter?

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
There are 3 new ones listed on ebay right now. I just used the part number in search.

chickenfriend

TDI
2004 Passat BHW
Thanks. Just ordered one.

There is currently only one seller with that exact part number. While there are other cowls, they have minor differences in the part number, but ebay shows them anyway.

There must have been some variations in the cowls. The EB41 seems to be the latest version. I don't know if it makes any difference.