window close on lock feature thru VAG-COM??

fuzion

Possible to activate the window roll up close feature and also beep on arm/disarm via vagcom?

(as in, when you lock your mk4 golf it will roll up the windows/sunroof for you and also beep if u arm or disarm ur car too)

anybody?

thanks!

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Guys, can't anybody else help out with this question. Is it possible to roll the windows up and close the sunroof with the remote?? I can't recall.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I heard from the rumor mill that this is possible on at least the later A4s, but the person who observed it being done on another car didn't see what login code they used, or what codeing they put in, and the person who did it wouldn't tell him.

Alientech is the best bet....

-Jason

fuzion

Well its 100% definately possible, reason i say this im able to get a device which plugs into the mk4 bora/golf's vagcom connect and it updates this feature allowing you to lock the car and windows go up. pressing the unlock 1 unlocks the car, second time+hold unlock it will put them down again.

SO im sure its possible just unsure of codes. I know how to do it with the Audi's just not the golfs! Same coding i wouldnt know personally?

Eg. this link http://www.wak-tt.com/vagcom/vagcomclcoding.htm

any more info guys?

fuzion

oh, and the product im talking about just connects and updates as mentioned. you do not have to take your door trim off or "Add" anything as such. its plug n play-update and unplug and throw away.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I've programmed several 2005.5 and 2006 cars by soft coding. Definitely possible to do this on the 2006 Jetta. Did two cars last month.

What year is your car? It seems your profile is incomplete.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Its funny. You ask the question if its posible, now you are 100% sure and are even willing to argue the point. I am not even going to try to refute any of this, but if it were possible, there are many Vag-COM experts around here who would have figured it out by now. If it makes you feel any better, I do hope you are right. I'd love the ability to open the windows with the remote, but have no desire or $$ to get an Alientech ( I do have a Vag-COM though !! )

weasel

TDI
None.
Well, I gave it a try. The software provided in the link gave a code the comfort module would not accept.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
This is apparently possible on some Mk4 cars, the problem is that the VAG-COM software doesn't communicate with the right controller within the convenience module. You need some older software and a "dumb" cable to get it to work, apparently. It involves recoding certain bits in hex to get the controller to recognize that it has the feature, then turning it on. The dumb cable allows you to force the write.

Given what's involved it's not surprising that none of the VAG-COM gurus have figured it out. It's not possible with the GUI software.

Don't worry, when one of us figures it out, it'll be posted.

weasel

TDI
None.
Oh, it was figured out ( I believe it was ) in the OBD forum. The problem was is that it does involve re-writing the eeprom and some have experienced failure of the module afterwards.