Will there be a class action suit against Bosch

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Seems that the settlement agreement we sign says if we sue Bosch and they in return sue VW and Bosch wins the suit against VW then we have to pay them money from our VW settlement to Bosch. But it also says we can't agree to a settlement with Bosch that doesn't release VW from being responsible.

It would be nice to sue Bosch too. I am sure they did something wrong to me and everyone else on this site.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Well, as to the question, my Magic 8-Ball is still in the shop, so I couldn't say.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
I don't spend much time feeling like a victim or thinking about who I can sue. I prefer being happy and in control of and responsible for my own life.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I don't spend much time feeling like a victim or thinking about who I can sue. I prefer being happy and in control of and responsible for my own life.
So you are keeping your TDI and also rejecting the restitution amount?

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Have not had much dealings with Bosch. Still remember the Bosch platinum tipped spark plugs I used in my '68 911 long ago. Promised 2x longer life. So I only had to remove and clean them once a month rather than every two weeks.

And 'Bosch' is one of my favorite TV shows.

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB, 2003 NB, 2006 Touareg, 2015 Jetta, 2013 Beetle, 2013 Touareg
The party that was ultimately responsible for selling the non-compliant vehicle was VW, not Bosch.
Somebody made the LNT that wasn't good enough, Infineon made the ECU, the SCR pump didn't operate often enough, the DEF bottle didn't force more fluid in, how silly do we want to take this to?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Soon our entire planet will just be waiting around to sue someone. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes:

The lawyers must love people like that.

Last edited:

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
So you are keeping your TDI and also rejecting the restitution amount?
No, I'm going to cooperate fully with VWAG by allowing them to buy my car back at the offered price. I bought another TDI and am a happy owner.

I've never had a single thought about a class action suit against anyone at any time and certainly not VWAG or Bosch.

Bosch manufactured the fuel injection system on my faithful Cummins engine in my Dodge dually and also the previous one. I'm a loyal (indirect) customer of Bosch.

I don't like lawsuits or lawyers.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
For what, exactly? It's not illegal to develop test code and run it in the lab, off road, other countries etc. Bosch didn't ship it, VW did . . . Bosch looks squeaky clean to me from here . . . It's kinda like the nutters that want to blame a gun instead of the party that pulled the trigger . . . that dog just doesn't hunt . . .

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
No, I'm going to cooperate fully with VWAG by allowing them to buy my car back at the offered price. I bought another TDI and am a happy owner.

I've never had a single thought about a class action suit against anyone at any time and certainly not VWAG or Bosch.

Bosch manufactured the fuel injection system on my faithful Cummins engine in my Dodge dually and also the previous one. I'm a loyal (indirect) customer of Bosch.

Well opt out of TDI lawsuit then. The only country that is getting deal like this is USA. I am guessing you like lawsuit very much. And if there is more money available from Bosch you will gladly take it as well.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
For what, exactly? It's not illegal to develop test code and run it in the lab, off road, other countries etc. Bosch didn't ship it, VW did . . . Bosch looks squeaky clean to me from here . . . It's kinda like the nutters that want to blame a gun instead of the party that pulled the trigger . . . that dog just doesn't hunt . . .
I don't know what for but VW seems to think they will be sued or they wouldn't put a long paragraph in settlement sign off about it.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Can someone post up this paragraph?

Edit: The GF is an attorney. I'll have to have her decipher this, lol.

This Release is not intended to and expressly does not release Robert Bosch GmbH or Robert Bosch, LLC and any
of their former, present, and future owners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, affiliates,
parent companies, subsidiaries, predecessors, and successors (the “Bosch Entities”). If I elect to pursue a claim
against any Bosch Entity related to the 2.0-liter TDI Matter (either individually or as a member of a class) and
obtain a final, non-appealable adversary judgment against that Bosch Entity for damages as to which any Bosch
Entity seeks indemnification from one or more of the Released Parties, I will waive enforcement of my judgment
against that Bosch Entity by the amount of the damages that such Released Parties are held to be responsible for
by way of indemnification of any Bosch Entity, but not more than the Restitution Payment amount that I receive
from all Released Parties. However, I shall have no obligation to reduce my judgment against any Bosch Entity
unless and until any Bosch Entity has obtained—in the face of a vigorously litigated defense—a final, non-
appealable adversary judgment for indemnification against one or more of the Released Parties based on such
party’s legal obligation to indemnify any Bosch Entity that existed prior to September 18, 2015. In the event that
any Bosch Entity obtains such a judgment against a Released Party after I have recovered on a judgment against
that Bosch Entity, I will return to the Bosch Entity the amount of the judgment against it by which I agree herein
to have reduced that judgment, which amount will not exceed the Restitution Payment amount that I receive from
all Released Parties. In addition, I agree not to enter into any agreement to settle any claim I may have against any
Bosch Entity unless such agreement expressly provides that the Released Parties shall be released from any claim
for indemnification by a Bosch Entity against any Released Party that relates to my claim against the Bosch
Entity

Last edited:

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
Soon our entire planet will just be waiting around to sue someone. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Read recently that today's "kids" possibly may be able to sue their parents for posting early childhood pictures on facebook, et al… if the kids are "unhappy" because Mom posted them. :eek:

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
Well opt out of TDI lawsuit then. The only country that is getting deal like this is USA. I am guessing you like lawsuit very much. And if there is more money available from Bosch you will gladly take it as well.
You're not making any sense. Are you intoxicated or on drugs or is that your normal emotional state?

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
You're not making any sense. Are you intoxicated or on drugs or is that your normal emotional state?
You are the on a suit sub forum saying you don't want the proceeds of lawsuits. *** are you doing here? Just drive your TDI Until it dies and stop whining.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The answer is no, there will not be a successful class action lawsuit against Bosch.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Seems that the settlement agreement we sign says if we sue Bosch and they in return sue VW and Bosch wins the suit against VW then we have to pay them money from our VW settlement to Bosch. But it also says we can't agree to a settlement with Bosch that doesn't release VW from being responsible.
It would be nice to sue Bosch too. I am sure they did something wrong to me and everyone else on this site.
Not by those who sign the release for buyback. Part of that legalese is agreeing to never sue Bosch.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Wrong.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi

Please send me your Bosch Settlement check. As clearly you dont' want it.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
...and he hasn't posted on this thread in over three months, so that observation isn't very timely.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Don't think so; pretty sure it would say "banned" by his name if that were the case. But you do you suddenly feel the need to respond to his three-month-old posts?

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Sorry I am late to the party on this one, but can someone point me to some info on this Bosch settlement? I hadn't heard about this one yet...