Will the new model tdi engine bolt right up the my 2010 Jetta?

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I know it's early to ask this but has anyone done this? If no?? What are your thoughts if the new motor turns out to be something special.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The bolts aren't the problem. The interface to the vehicle electronics is the problem.

And the question that someone has to ask ... Why do you want to do this? If you want a Jetta with the new engine in it, complete with warranty, just trade in what you have for a complete 2015 model car. If you want a Mk5 with the common-rail engine, you already have one. If you want a Mk5 with a bit more power, just chip-tune what you have. If you're worried about the HPFP blowing up ... you are in the USA, where VW has been covering these to quite high mileage. The new engine is too new to know whether it will really be better, or if it will just trade off some known issues for some unknowns. Sometimes it's just better to deal with the devil you know ...

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
This was just a topic of conversation but to trade in my 2010 with 124,000 miles on it , I would just be giving it away. Then there is people on here like me who like a challenge. I have been told before that something can't be done and I did it anyway. I know you didn't say it couldn't be done and I think your response is right on the money.