Wife wants thoughts on '10 Touareg TDI.

Kree

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf
I have been a longtime fan of the V10 but as time has passed so has the warranty. In other words, we're looking for new! Not ever owning a touareg, we set out for a test drive today and well she loved it! Her question was, have you heard anything bad about it? Not really, nothing at all that I can recall???? I mean 400ft/lbs of torque, who could complain? So I ask y'all out in this forum, what do you think of this vehicle? Any issues with it?

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
I am loving mine so far and my previous 04 was problem free at least for me. I would have no problems recommending the 2010 TDI Touareg.

Kree

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf
Yeti35 said:
I am loving mine so far and my previous 04 was problem free at least for me. I would have no problems recommending the 2010 TDI Touareg.
Thank you.

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
clubtouareg.com

higher percentage of owners there to draw from. Only one major compaint re mostly electronic from that site. Check it yourself though.

Last edited:

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
vw4life said:
clubtouareg.com

high percentage of owners there to draw from. Only one major compaint re mostly electronic from that site. Check it yourself though.
What is it your are trying to say about CT? I can't figure it out from your post?

schubie

TDI
2010 Touareg
Kree said:
So I ask y'all out in this forum, what do you think of this vehicle? Any issues with it?
I love mine! Just averaged 29 mpg on the drive home to NY from NH. And used every bit of the Treg's approach/departure/break-over angles offroad over the weekend. :cool:

Nothing out there beats its combination of mpg, offroad chops, and towing ability. :p

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
Yeti35 said:
What is it your are trying to say about CT? I can't figure it out from your post?

Eh, just saying there aren't many v6 TDi touareg owners posting here and there are several on CT.

Of the several that I have read about on CT I've only read of one major complaint which was not necessarily fault of the engine or the vehicle and could just be customer misperception.

sorry to be aloof

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
vw4life said:
Eh, just saying there aren't many v6 TDi touareg owners posting here and there are several on CT.

Of the several that I have read about on CT I've only read of one major complaint which was not necessarily fault of the engine or the vehicle and could just be customer misperception.

sorry to be aloof
All good, was just looking for clarification. :)

wyrosjr

TDI
2013 passat se tdi 6m white
I want one of these, I'm just a little scared of vw after my b5 passat tdi. I narrowly missed having to deal with the balance shaft issue. For that kind of money I'm wondering if a used BMW or Mercedes would be the better deal.

Kree

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf
We did it!

Well, we're the proud owners of a cranberry metallic 2010 touareg! It's quite awesome, thanks for you input. I think it really sold itself on the test drive. Thanks again all!:)

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Congrats. Welcome to the club. My wife and I love ours (even if it is going into the shop). I've owned many cars, and this is a favorite.

earlthepearl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle 5M, 2004 Passat 6M, 2009 Jetta Sedan (buy back), 2010 Touareg (buy back)
Congrats on your purchase. Our 2010 TDI already has 27,000 miles on it without a single problem.:D My wife lets me drive it on rare occasions. Good luck in getting it away from your's.:rolleyes:

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
Congrats on your purchase. Our 2010 TDI already has 27,000 miles on it without a single problem.:D My wife lets me drive it on rare occasions. Good luck in getting it away from your's.:rolleyes:
I guess I am luckier then you in that my TDI is my car. She drives the Passat and is content with that, thankfully. :)

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Well, we're the proud owners of a cranberry metallic 2010 touareg! It's quite awesome, thanks for you input. I think it really sold itself on the test drive. Thanks again all!:)

Please post some pics!! ;)

earlthepearl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle 5M, 2004 Passat 6M, 2009 Jetta Sedan (buy back), 2010 Touareg (buy back)
Passat to Touareg

I guess I am luckier then you in that my TDI is my car. She drives the Passat and is content with that, thankfully. :)
We had an 05 Passat TDI, and she would rarely let me drive that one!:eek: I guess I spoil her. First a Jetta, then a Passat, followed by the T-reg. I must content myself with the NB, and now, my own Jetta. All TDIs of course. Seems I am stepping up, but I'm two steps behind her.:rolleyes: By the way, the Touareg is up to 30,000 mi. now. Still no trouble.:D

Last edited:

dcharnet

TDI
Thoughts on 10 TREG

Love mine. 18 k and no problems of any kind. Better overall vehicle than my former BMW X5.

UberVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Variant TDI
Nice to hear positive things from Touareg owners. I really like the look of the Touareg but overall reliability ratings of the Touareg isn't very good. And hasn't been for a long time. Consumer Reports always rates it poor.

Anyway again nice to hear about happy owners! Hope VW continues to improve overall quality and reliability.

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
Nice to hear positive things from Touareg owners. I really like the look of the Touareg but overall reliability ratings of the Touareg isn't very good. And hasn't been for a long time. Consumer Reports always rates it poor.

Anyway again nice to hear about happy owners! Hope VW continues to improve overall quality and reliability.
That POS CS is still using data from the 04 model Tregs and refuses to update it. From 05 on they have continually have gotten better. Hardly any issues really with the T2 Touaregs. The Touareg has been as about as reliable as any other SUV really.

DQ99tdi

TDI
Jetta 99 (sold) 2010 Touareg V6
Got mine last december. 12500 Km's on it and it has been an absolute dream!
No issues, tons of power, great for towing our trailer, and good fuel economy.

75r90rider

Veteran Member
TDI
quite a few diesels over the years
I have been a longtime fan of the V10 but as time has passed so has the warranty. In other words, we're looking for new! Not ever owning a touareg, we set out for a test drive today and well she loved it! Her question was, have you heard anything bad about it? Not really, nothing at all that I can recall???? I mean 400ft/lbs of torque, who could complain? So I ask y'all out in this forum, what do you think of this vehicle? Any issues with it?
Back when I was in the VW business, Touaregs in general were complete and utter piles. I never sold any vehicle with so many problems, and so many pissed off clients. Based on my experience, you couldn't give me one, unless I was allowed to sell it and keep the cash a day later. I attended the original Touareg ride and drive in Arizona, and came back like everyone else all pumped about the car (truck) only to 6 months later have a list of well-heeled highly ticked off individuals on my client list. It got to the point where honestly the salespeople who planned on being around very long hated to sell them, fearful of the fallout down the road. It just wasn't worth the long term headache for one immediate commission check.

That being said, I went back to school at the end of calendar year 2005, so 06 models and down are the only thing I have direct knowledge of. The new Touaregs might be the bees' knees from a reliability standpoint, and make Honda Accords look like Trabants for all I know. I'm actually fascinated and encouraged that some recent Touareg owners have positive things to say. If VW can accomplish turning the Touareg I knew into a reliable machine, it gives me hope that other monumental, seemingly incredible things may happen too. Peace in the Middle East comes to mind, the end of hunger, stuff like that.

I'm just kidding, well, at least that last part. They were crap when I was there but it was a long time ago. Trust the newer owners more than my experience. Good luck.

Just my 2c.

Last edited: