Wide angle mirrors for an A3

wldwsel

TDI
2005 Jetta Pkg 1 DSG
Hi guys - my 2006 Jetta TDI has been upgraded to a 2010 Audi A3 TDI. The Jetta was great, but the Audi has more goodies and gets slightly better mileage (although the Jetta was wonderful.

I was able to find wide-angle rear view mirrors here on the Jetta forum, although I don't remember who the gentleman was I got them from. They replaced the OEM units and had plug ins for the heaters, etc.

I looked at the new Jettas yesterday when I was in for service, but the mirror shapes are different than the A3.

I've looked on-line at the normal sites, but I can't get any hits. Does anyone have an idea where I might find these? I am under the impression that these types of mirrors are popular in Europe and may even be OEM there.

Thanks for the help.

WW:) :)

automobiliben

TDI
2010 Audi A3
wldwsel said:
Hi guys - my 2006 Jetta TDI has been upgraded to a 2010 Audi A3 TDI. The Jetta was great, but the Audi has more goodies and gets slightly better mileage (although the Jetta was wonderful.

I was able to find wide-angle rear view mirrors here on the Jetta forum, although I don't remember who the gentleman was I got them from. They replaced the OEM units and had plug ins for the heaters, etc.

I looked at the new Jettas yesterday when I was in for service, but the mirror shapes are different than the A3.

I've looked on-line at the normal sites, but I can't get any hits. Does anyone have an idea where I might find these? I am under the impression that these types of mirrors are popular in Europe and may even be OEM there.

Thanks for the help.

WW:) :)
Did you happen to pick up a set of these? I was thinking about something similar to this, would look more factory than the small convex mirrors in the corners...

wldwsel

TDI
2005 Jetta Pkg 1 DSG
You might try Scott DeWitt. I did order them from oemplus in early April, but I havn't received them as of yet. They say they'll ship the first week in June, but they've had my $$ since April. If they don't come in I'll file with Amex.

By the way, I did find out that the correct term is "aspherical mirrors".

WW

wldwsel

TDI
2005 Jetta Pkg 1 DSG
got my mirrors from emplus. took a long time, but they went on in 3 minutes - fit like they came with the car - work fantastic.

expensive, but you get what you pay for.

WW