Wicked Awesome Hippie Eugene Birkenstock GTG February 19th official thread!

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
OK, here's the Food, Directions, Work Needed, and Everything Else thread for the GTG in Eugene on February 19th.

Directions: from I-5 take exit 189, swing by the SeQuential station for B5, B20, or B99, snacks, beer, kombucha, sandwiches, or a hug. Then drive south on McVay Hwy (the road that SeQuential and 76 are on). The road descends for 1/4 mile, then turn left on Nugget Way, immediate right, and then on the right is Cascade Auto Works. Don't get lost at the FTW Tuning place next door, they'll turn your TDI into an ethanol-powered STI or WRX!

We have plenty of BBQ square footage. Anyone want to volunteer certain items? I'm not sure what kitchen space we have, I'll check on that...

I assume the lifts will be the most popular thing, so we should probably build a schedule around that. I want to poke around underneath my car, but it's not a high priority. Other than that, I'm due for an oil change and tire rotation, and I might try chasing down the reverse light problem and maybe do a 5 Brake Light Mod.

This is going to be wicked awesome! :D

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
I've been to the Sequential station many times and never got a hug.:(
Will post more when I figure out the logistics......
:DKeli

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
I need to diagnose a rattling under my car so maybe 15 - 30 minutes of lift time. I will be bringing my vcds so as far as I know we have 2 vcds in attendance if you want to set up a list for that.

Ill bring chips and dip and appetizers and pasta salad.

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
I was going to try my hand at installing the 11mm pump following Rocketeer's DIY, but maybe ill bring some ramps and do it there incase I get stuck or screw something up there will be plenty of people to witness it. :eek:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf 6MT; 2015 Sportwagen 6MT; 2016 A3 e-tron 6DSG
If I were to drive down from Vancouver Island (wife and I LOVE Eugene - hugs or no hugs from the service stations), would anyone be interested in helping out with a 5sp. to 6sp. swap?
And if so, could I interest anyone in the area in a lovingly cared for 5sp. transmission with .681 5th and upgraded clutch?

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
(totaled 4/30/2014) 2002 JETTA GLS TDI
Nuje,
That is a tall order for less than one day unless Billy Badass is in town or everyone joins in. but i am willing to take your 5th gear and clutch off your hands. and unless you are modifying your 5 speed shifter box or getting a whole new one will take that off your hands to. I already have a 5 speed tranny though sitting in my garage. PM me if you are game for the whole thing or just the parts i was looking for.

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf 6MT; 2015 Sportwagen 6MT; 2016 A3 e-tron 6DSG
Yeah - never been to a GTG before and saw a major job like this, so wasn't sure if an undertaking like this was acceptable.
But I saw the possibility of (a) a hoist, (b) some people who know what they're doing to help me out, and (c) a trip to Eugene, so I thought I'd throw it out there. :)

I just realized, though, that the GTG is on the Sunday (duh) and I doubt that I (or anyone) would be able to get the job done in time for me to high-tail it back home and still catch the last ferry of the night back to Vancouver Island.

I think I'll have to stick closer to home to do the job, but you can hit me with an email or pm if you're interested in the 5sp. I'll have the shifter box and axles, etc. to do a swap - I think all you'd need to add would be the pedals and clutch line (?).

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
(totaled 4/30/2014) 2002 JETTA GLS TDI
I'm interested for sure. I have a stock 5 speed tranny already out of a low miles 2003 Golf but NO: clutch, pressure plate, fly wheel, Starter, axles, shifter box, clutch pedal, yadda yadda..... your taller 5th would be awesome along with the peloquin. Please do come to the GTG anyway for some Beer/Chat/Good food and to meet new TDI'ers.

Juan Vasquez
503-779-3099

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
Whats the earliest we can show up? I want to get an early morning start so I can relax and have a few drinks later :D

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
i too would like to maybe get an early start. get my car on and off the lift in about 15 minutes to pull the plastic panel under the car to fix a rattle.

so do we have an official food list?

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
so the list so far:

People Attending:
Sqdude
Keli OR
oldpoopie
Power Not Speed
Fixumrich
Slamhouse
JungleDeath
tothemax
VWGMDIESELFAN
Forza91
Thom
Whitedog
JetPuf
Rootrider
sackman
Nuje
treyca
cmitchell
Sackman
whatnxt
CrazyQauntumMan
O.C. TDI

We will have multiple VCDS' and laptops for people

Food and Beverages:
Power Not Speed -alcoholic beverages and food(yet to fill in)
treyca - snacks and drink
Slamhouse - chips and dip, pasta salad, appetizers, healthy beverages
Keli OR - food
Forza 91 - rootbeer
Sqdude - Barbecue for grilling
Sackman - Whiskey and Coke

Looks like we still need some food for the barbecue, hot dogs, buns, hamburgers, condiments for sed food.

Line up for lift use:
Sqdude - poke around under car
Thom - suspension work
Slamhouse - fix a rattle
Keli OR - Looking for an excuse to use the lift

The work that people are looking to get done should all fit in throughout the day nicely.

I'll add to the list as people chime in.

Start time is at 10am, but show up could be sooner, thats for Sqdude to decide.
ill be there around 8am as its a 12 hour drive round trip.

Last edited:

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Thanks slamhouse!! I'll get with Gary and figure out the start time. Portland Crew: are you caravaning at a particular time?

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
Thanks slamhouse!! I'll get with Gary and figure out the start time. Portland Crew: are you caravaning at a particular time?

Hmm I didn't even think about that, but you're right all us Portland folk should meet up somewhere maybe Woodburn to all caravan down together.

Put me down on the food list for whiskey and coke, who needs food when you've got drank ;):D

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Gary wanted me to throw out there that he might be able to work some deals with various products/companies like Neuspeed, Amsoil, service and parts, tires, wheels, etc. If that's of interest to anyone, PM me and I'll put you in contact with Gary directly!

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
I would like to meet up around 7am. If we leave by 7:30 that would put us in Eugene around 9-9:30 am.

Folks are welcome to meet at my house in West Linn. I'm just off the 10th St. exit on I-205.
PM me for my address......

:)Keli