Why America Needs Diesel, Audi's Take [Video]

texcross

TDI
Jetta
The older generations may be harder to re-educate than newly educating the younger generations. 97% less sulfur than other fuels was an interesting fact. My dad had a service shop for years and has mentioned how much diesels have changed over the years. He could not stand them before.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I caught a Chevy Cruze diesel commercial the other day and the white coat guys were holding a white cloth over the tailpipe. They pulled it back and with very snug looks, they glanced at the cloth and nodded their approval. Never showed the cloth to the camera.

Still good to see more and more advertising talking about the cleanliness of the CR diesels. I'd really like to see VW start spending more money on their diesel advertising. Seems to be all Audi. Makes me wonder if VWAG is planning on pushing the diesels out of the VWOA line and only offer them as Audis where they can make more profit due to the rings on the grill.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
VW doesn't need to put much money into it because they can sell all that they produce. Meanwhile TDIclub represents a free resource! If you are thinking about getting a TDI, chances are you'll do a search before doing anything more. Guess which site pops up first? Us. I bet you this site has saved Volkswagon a lot of money! :D

dwfdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf & 2012 Golf wagon, 1998 GMC 6.5 with 310,000km
They never include the fact that when you burn less fuel to go the same distance it provides less pollution that alone may be up to 25% then add on the technology to withhold even more pollution.
With the way pollution specs are made manufacturers are allowed so many parts per million even if you spew twice as much through poor mileage it will still pass.
Putting a diesel on the road is like reducing the traffic flow by 50%
Just sayin