Who's waiting on someone to make a Mk5 downpipe?

Will you buy an aftermarket downpipe (catted of catless) for your Mk5?

• I will buy as soon as they are available

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • I will buy sometime from a few months to a year after release

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I will not be upgrading my downpipe on my Mk5

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
I would think we could get a decent deal on the DP, Depending on how they are made, I may just finish the rest of the system with 3" ss, fabbed by Me!

We should see this week..

I want to see this turbo and how your car reacts to it..

You put in a Double disc clutch?

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Its the BleachedBora, Eurospec dual diaphragm kit.

A G60 FW 20lbs, dual diaphragm cover, steel back 228mm disc (550 lb/feet) with bolts - Aaron's description

I have heard it holds anywhere from well above 400 ft-lbs to up to 500, so I dont think I can break it...:D

Includes everything you see, for a stock feel high power clutch, costs a pretty penny though ;)

So...If you are fabing up yours in SS 3" the rest of the way....you would be happy to do mine for a fee right...?:)

Be happy to let you take a look at the turbo too well once it is in.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
V if you need wheels and/or camera let me know. I will haul you up there to get pictures or whatever. Call me if you need tranportation or anything and we can work something out. PM sent.

mdfirefighter

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Monday monday... la la, la la la la, la la, la la la la, monday monday....

/me sits down and waits patiently for glorious pictures =)

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I couldn't either, so I went over there at lunch. Turns out they are very close to where I work. They were still welding on it, but it looked very nice! It looks big! They had some very neat cars in the garage too.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
MMmmm pictures.... 3" prototype downpipe in the jig getting worked on....

Thats the prototype, in raw form. There will be much better pics posted here very soon.

Heres the cold-air intake they fabbed up for me :D

Best closeup I could get of the very large cone

I'll keep yall updated, of course.

Mach1

TDI
SB, you will have to check out my exhaust system, after I fab it, its not going to be conventional...

Thats a nice clutch, but I think its out of my range.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mach1 said:
Most Glorious!!!

I want one...
Ditto, V let us know how this is going to work when you can, so we can get orders going. Btw V any pics of it finished/installed? Or is that all the way done yet. I would like to see a pic of the v-band clamp coming off the turbo and that first bend if you have one. (on or off the car no big deal)

Mach1 said:
SB, you will have to check out my exhaust system, after I fab it, its not going to be conventional...

Thats a nice clutch, but I think its out of my range.
Will do; I have to see it when its done!

Agreed clutch was up there $ wise, but I figure do it once and cover any future mod I can/will throw at it with no need to replace it and pay for more labor as I can not install a clutch...

:eek: There defiantly are some perks to living at home still though….(lots of Mod $) $ wise I can't do better than the very cheap rent. Good time to buy a house right now though, :) now I just need to stop spending on the TDI so I can save up a larger down payment.....lol

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
SBAtdijetta said:
Ditto, V let us know how this is going to work when you can, so we can get orders going. Btw V any pics of it finished/installed? Or is that all the way done yet. I would like to see a pic of the v-band clamp coming off the turbo and that first bend if you have one. (on or off the car no big deal)
I will be discussing the ordering with them tomorrow.

The area coming off the turbo is tricky, we are going to make sure it doesnt leak.

And when we put it back on the car, I'll snap another shot.

Mach1

TDI
V, they should be able to fab it up real good now that they have the initial rough-in done..

SB, I don't understand how you are going to take advantage of anymore power out of these, I cant keep my tires from shreading already, I ran it around a 180 the other day, stepped into it pretty heavy in second and the front 2 tires just roasted, it was under control, but just broke the front tires loose through the corner. It was fun..

I think we have a very good balance of power for the setup we have, w/o a locker we are going to have traction problems..I can imiagine having an aftermarket clutch, I bet you can almost break the tires loose at will..Mine will either slip the clutch, or break the tires loose. just by getting into the throttle. I am going to hold off after the exhaust system and a trip back to Colvins..

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mach1 said:
V, they should be able to fab it up real good now that they have the initial rough-in done..

SB, I don't understand how you are going to take advantage of anymore power out of these, I cant keep my tires from shreading already, I ran it around a 180 the other day, stepped into it pretty heavy in second and the front 2 tires just roasted, it was under control, but just broke the front tires loose through the corner. It was fun..

I think we have a very good balance of power for the setup we have, w/o a locker we are going to have traction problems..I can imiagine having an aftermarket clutch, I bet you can almost break the tires loose at will..Mine will either slip the clutch, or break the tires loose. just by getting into the throttle. I am going to hold off after the exhaust system and a trip back to Colvins..
Mach,
I don't have the DD clutch in yet, its sitting in my room waiting to be installed.;) DMF and stock clutch right now.

Also you have just a bit more power and tq than I do right now with my RC1+ vs your RC2. Also in addition to me having less power I have 17" wheels with 225 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, and wheelspin is not as easy to come by for me. Well if I push it hard then I have spin or some tire slip for all of 1st.. and low end of 2nd. But it grabs quick enough in 2nd.
Come to think of it though this is all with ESP left on...

Mmmm locker.....I want to get an LSD at some point, maybe later though, ie next step plus PD150 injectors, but that will help the traction problems with all that added power.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Ahahaahaha!

Better shot of the downpipe:

Downpipe installed:

Lightflyer, we'll find out how many are "committed" tomorrow, I have quite a few on my list.

Starting tomorrow, Boostlogic will start taking pre-orders. You will call, give them your info, and get on a build list. Based off how many call them, the final price will be established.

If you have any questions about ordering them, you can PM me or contact them directly.

Those of you on the PM list will be sent ordering instructions momentarily.

Oh, and driving this thing home open-downpipe was pretty sweet :D

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
SBAtdijetta said:
V looks great! Looking forward to getting one. Thanks for pushing this forward.
I'm just glad to finally have one. You can only tell me next month so many times before I get a little pissed :D

If you come up here to pick it up, let me know... their shop is a whopping 2 min drive from my house.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ordered

velociT said:
I'm just glad to finally have one. You can only tell me next month so many times before I get a little pissed :D

If you come up here to pick it up, let me know... their shop is a whopping 2 min drive from my house.
Sean,
Thanks I will let you know. I did just get off the phone after ordering mine. They said the will give me a call about shipping/pickup when it was ready.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Just got the rest of my exhaust 3". Car sounds awesome, you guys are going to love it.

Now I just need to find someone with a camera so I can post some youtube clips :D