who's going to the detroit auto show?

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
who\'s going to the detroit auto show?

my brother has agian told me he would liek to go to the Detroit Auto show this year as he has been telling me for the past, i don't know 10 years.

anyhow, who is all going and when.

when is the best time/day to go to see all the good stuff (that would be chicks for my brother but cars and things they just don't have out normally for me)?

Magellan01

Veteran Member
Re: who\'s going to the detroit auto show?

I will probably be going again this year. From past experience the weekends are jammed full of people. I have never been during the week, but the weekends are just way to crowded (lots of women though).

resinguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, Silver

My wife and I ( and now with our daughter) have been going on and off for some ten years. It is an outstanding show. Some auto co.s spend millions on their displays. Weekends do have huge crowds, unless their is a snowstorm or the Lions are in a play-off game that day
. This past January we went the first public Monday to avoid the crowds. What was interesting to see was all the young auto industry engineer types there at 9:00am, with their digital cameras and notebooks, as they were checking out the competition. One thing to note if you plan to go on a weekday: the Detroit public schools typically have a holiday during the week of the show (MLK Day)and then the show is as busy as a weekend. So check the website for the school system, find the calendar, and avoid that day!

flair.14

Veteran Member
TDI
02 black Bora

I am going to try and make it for the first Saturday. If I can't make it that day, then I will try and make it the following Saturday.

I went last year and had a great time. It was the first autoshow that I was able to sit in cars such as an Audi TT, Porsche Boxster, BMW M3, etc. Here in at the Toronto autoshow, you aren't even allowed to touch cars. Needless to say, I will make it a point to attend to the NAIAS every year.

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk

VW had a nice TDI display at this year's:

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years

If the Lions are in a playoff game....Bwahahahah! but seriously, I plan to make it this year, just not sure of the day yet. One hint, if you go on a weekend dress warm for what can be a long, unheated walk from the car to the show. Mark

jsstover

My dad and I usually go on Tuesday or Wednesday. Smaller crowd usually, which means I can get into the cars easier!