Who's going to Nobe or Aptera after their current TDI?

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
In the interest of copying the 'Who's going to Tesla after their current TDI' thread, I'm curious if any of you are also interested in the Nobe, the Aptera, or any other electric vehicles?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Never heard of either, but I'm about to look into them. I have heard a number of industry experts say that the early days of EVs are similar to the early days of ICEVs in that there are/will be a multitude of entrants. There were many dozens of US automakers in the early 20th century, but by the 50's it was down to just a handful. I expect we'll see a similar (and probably expedited) narrowing of the field with EVs. Who knows, maybe those two will have the right stuff.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
So they look like interesting 3 wheelers. Like the Arcimoto FUV (fun utility vehicle). Makes a lot of sense from an efficiency standpoint. I think the trouble will be convincing people (Americans in particular)to buy them.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Nick, I'm tempted to wonder out loud "Who is going VW after their Tesla?" but the Tesla owners I know would take offense.