Who is the Largest Volume VW Dealer?

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
I believe it is Gunther Motors in Ft. Lauderdale... I've spoken to VW folks and they agree that Gunther moves more units than anyone else in the country...

Gary M

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
Originally posted by Dorado:
With respect to TDI's, check out The VW Store in Richardson, Texas .
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where did you get that info? When I lived there, I traded with that VW dealership all the time, but they were one of the smallest in the Metroplex. I have not been there in 10 months, but I can't imagine them making such a climb. If that is correct, I want to learn how they did it. That would make many great lessons.

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
Well, they do say they are #1. That is a great example of a little store doing a successful business. I was always happy with their service, but the facilities are small and outdated -- more like some VW dealership in the 1950's--very small showroom & limited service bays, but they always have a huge supply of cars on the property. Sounds like they are giant killers. There are certainly many nicer and larger VW dealers in the area. The closest was Rusty Wallis, who had a modern, large store, but he just closed it and moved into an even newer and larger facilities. Nice to see the little guys do so well.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Originally posted by Dorado:
With respect to TDI's, check out The VW Store in Richardson, Texas (http://www.vwoncentral.net/). They were #1 in TX last year, and they stock many TDI's. For internet sales, contact Jack Atkin.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The ONLY reason The VW Store made #1 last year is because they bought about 60 cars to use as demos. They got tired of being 2nd to Metro VW in Irving, TX. Metro VW has consistantly been the #1 VW dealer in Texas. They have no problems telling you the invoice of a car and routinely sell cars at only $500 over invoice. www.metrovwtx.com

deezeljuice

Veteran Member
I don't know about volume, but i was at Demontrond VW in NW Houston today looking for a 1.8t for my son. I saw quite a few TDI's there, oh about 15 to 20 maybe. Pretty good selection I would say. Total VW's, Jettas, Golfs, and Beetle, about 100 to 125.

jim911

TDI
in the market for one
large TDI dealers

Try Schmelz countryside or Luther in the twin cities. They have more than all those other guys put together

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen tdi / 2012 golf tdi
Good find. This should help people find good deals. Alexandriavw.com 476 cars, but they share with their other dealership up the road in Waldorf. The also gave me the best deal on my golf $23,8XX.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
puzzle, I'm not sure except out of curiosity what difference it makes. Someone from CT isn't going to buy a car from dealer in Miami I don't think. What am I missing?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Sure they will if they can get the car they want and the right price!!I have purchased 2 cars from Chris and a most likely a 3rd soon! People come from all over the country to buy from him because of price and no BS!!

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Tomo366,Do you drive back for service? When there is something wrong and the car doesn,t work,good luck with a service department in another dealership.
I've been there and it isn't pleasant having no leverage.

Saving a few $1000 is fine till you are dealing with a HPFP. Nuff said

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Tomo366,Do you drive back for service? When there is something wrong and the car doesn,t work,good luck with a service department in another dealership.
I've been there and it isn't pleasant having no leverage.

Saving a few $1000 is fine till you are dealing with a HPFP. Nuff said
I do not drive back for service!! I have a preferred Service department right here and they are excellent and absolutely no problem!!
10 years and 4 cars!! never bought a car from them!!
What would happen if you were away from home and you car broke?? VW has to work on your car it is under warranty!! There are stealerships that I wouldn't take my car to for ant reason also!!

Last edited:

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen tdi / 2012 golf tdi
Sure they will if they can get the car they want and the right price!!I have purchased 2 cars from Chris and a most likely a 3rd soon! People come from all over the country to buy from him because of price and no BS!!
Funny...... he tried to sell me a car at invoice.

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
No need to argue over me fellas!

I do not remember quoting someone at invoice unless it was a Passat or the first week that the new model year came out, however, my cars and my cup of tea are not for everyone.

Chris

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
LOL. I think Jason and I paid a tad over invoice but the Passat was in high demand at the time. Chris got exactly what we were looking for when other dealers were quoting months or trying to sell us combinations that we didn't want. I think we got a very fair deal! Thanks Chris! :cool:

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
My Local dealer wanted $1500 over sticker, so invoice sounds good.

rme

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Maybe the smart dealer guy on here can answer (Chris) can correct me but I think VW owns most of it's dealerships so service should not be a problem anywhere if you need warranty work. If it is then someone has a legal recourse against the offending dealer.