Who Invited ERNESTO To TDIFEST ???

WPB TDI FRED

TDI
03 JETTA - Stick
Is there a contingency plan in case Ernesto decides to show up at TDIFEST??

I've been following the projected path of Ernesto, and it seems like it is headed right into the Philly area for the weekend. Looks like I'll be dealing with him the entire roadtrip going up.

Thadude

TDI
2001 Jetta
we're in Augusta Maine this morning. Nothing but rain coming down yesterday and supposedly more rain as we continue to drive today.Yay:( news cast just said that our friend, Ernesto will be in Washington Saturday. Lets hope they are wrong

scknight

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI 6MT
Well it is 1,200 miles from King of Prussia to Miami, and its mostly over land. Some rain may be a possibility, so if you want to think positive chanting 'More Beer, Less Rain' might help.:)

cbp_special_k

TDI
2003 Golf TDi GL 4dr
What a coincidance, I'm coming all the way up from Florida, right where ernesto is suppose to hit, how lucky can I get, at least i'm not leaving the house by itself and hopefully i'll be out of here before it even gets too serious.

WPB TDI FRED

TDI
03 JETTA - Stick
Well...if the meeting was all full of Democrats and Republicans NOTHING got done...:D

BTW...it was not much of a "storm" down here....the hype generated by the media (they should be more responsible) was greater than the actual blow from the storm...Hopefully whatever is left of the bad weather will break up in a few days and it won't be an issue at the Fest.

Last edited:

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
I got a good laugh at hearing that NASA spent 5 hrs rolling the shuttle halfway back to the Vehicle Assembly Building only to decide that they should put it back on the launch pad.

John

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
WPB TDI FRED said:
BTW...it was not much of a "storm" down here....the hype generated by the media (they should be more responsible) was greater than the actual blow from the storm...Hopefully whatever is left of the bad weather will break up in a few days and it won't be an issue at the Fest.
Yeah... The Hurricane "experts" really dropped the ball on this one... Even I could have told them it was going to die as soon as it hit land. In Lake County they're getting blasted for not canceling schools today... I guess the jokes on everyone else now since they made an informed decision instead of overreacting too soon.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
eluwak said:
Yeah... The Hurricane "experts" really dropped the ball on this one... Even I could have told them it was going to die as soon as it hit land. In Lake County they're getting blasted for not canceling schools today... I guess the jokes on everyone else now since they made an informed decision instead of overreacting too soon.
It's a no win situation. If they hadn't and it kept it's strength they would have gotten even more criticism.

Driver_found

Veteran Member
TDI
Former MKV Jetta TDI 5M, Former 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6m
3-6 inches of rain forecast for Friday. More rain and storms forcast for Saturday. Maybe a break on Sunday. Bring extra shoes.

-Mike 2005.5 A5 Jetta TDI 5m RC1+

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
I'm packin' the Wellies. :(

As far as inviting Ernesto, that was probably me. I was talking about the Fest to one of my friends and Ernesto overheard us. I couldn't really do anything about it at that point since he's such a social leech. My apologies.

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
Just what we need.. another illegal alien with a mexican name coming into the county without an invitation and raining on everyones parade.....

JoeBleed

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2005 A4, Reflex Silver
If the forcast is right that i just viewed, then it will be fowling me when i leave tommorow morning. and i will not have my new tires in time to get them installed. :(

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
lame, this is supposed to be my vacation!

the only positive thing i can say is that Mid-Atlantic weather is hard to predict.

we are the focus of global warmings wrath. 4-5 years of almost no snow after a lifetime of yearly blizzards, then a record snow storm last winter

I hope there is some extra money available for tents