Who have more than 250,000 miles on 06 jetta tdi?

91NCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI manual 282k and 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto 290k
Like title say. I want see high miles jetta tdi. I saw one for sale that posted on this forum with 511,000 miles on 06 tdi jetta.

Thanks.

ESA31.8T

TDI
Jetta
292k runs strong, does not smoke or use oil between changes on original turbo.

91NCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
292k runs strong, does not smoke or use oil between changes on original turbo.
Wow, that good. Was ur tranny is dsg? If yes, do u have issue with it? I know dmf issue but dsg box problem.

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Wow, that good. Was ur tranny is dsg? If yes, do u have issue with it? I know dmf issue but dsg box problem.
Look at his sig, it's a manual.

Only 218k miles on my '06 so far. And I thought I drove a lot! Won't claim hardly anything is original though. She is far from stock but the basic stock bottom end is holding up to over twice the original power quite nicely. Stock or mildly tuned, the basic engine (minus the cam) should last for a long time.

91NCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Look at his sig, it's a manual.
Only 218k miles on my '06 so far. And I thought I drove a lot! Won't claim hardly anything is original though. She is far from stock but the basic stock bottom end is holding up to over twice the original power quite nicely. Stock or mildly tuned, the basic engine (minus the cam) should last for a long time.
Opps, I miss it lol. Now I see that he have manual.

91NCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
If jetta tdi have more than 250,000 miles with good take care. Had one owner or 2 owner. Camshaft replaced. What maximum price for that miles range?

xracerbob

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I'm at 330,000 miles on my 06 Jetta. Cam changed at 220k. Transmission blew up (manual) at 317,000. I think I will need a turbo this spring, since it has a small oil leak now. Otherwise, its been mostly routine maintenance. Still getting mid 40's for mileage.

V-Rod

Veteran Member
TDI
2014, 06 Jetta TDI Auto
I only have 118,000 miles on my 06. But I got the car new in august of 07.

I replaced the glow plugs so far

TDICube

Veteran Member
Oil Hammer, with your 250,000 mile club customers; have they had the dreaded cam issue?
I remember that you did not declare a cam shaft epidemic at one time. Is it still NOT an epidemic issue?
Thanks,
RC

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Oil Hammer, with your 250,000 mile club customers; have they had the dreaded cam issue?
I remember that you did not declare a cam shaft epidemic at one time. Is it still NOT an epidemic issue?
Thanks,
RC

My 'regular' PD customers' cam failure count remains safely at '0'. Meaning, these are cars I have personally serviced since new. :) Only camshafts I ever replace on PDs, and there are quite a few, are from cars that have an unknown history, or a known history of incorrect oil useage.

I will be the first to admit it is a weak design, but I do not believe it is the kiss of death, as plenty of these engines live a decent life without ever needing the valve cover removed. There are about 10 other things on a BRM car I would deem MUCH more likely to need attention before the camshaft.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
My 'regular' PD customers' cam failure count remains safely at '0'. Meaning, these are cars I have personally serviced since new. :) Only camshafts I ever replace on PDs, and there are quite a few, are from cars that have an unknown history, or a known history of incorrect oil useage.

I will be the first to admit it is a weak design, but I do not believe it is the kiss of death, as plenty of these engines live a decent life without ever needing the valve cover removed. There are about 10 other things on a BRM car I would deem MUCH more likely to need attention before the camshaft.
I can tell almost the same about our company's cars. Those which were regulary serviced at the dealership and not on LongLife schedule (minus the PD150 version) have travelled over 200k successful miles each and still counting.

Adrenolize

TDI
2013 Jetta MkVI TDI Premium
My '06 has a mere 89k on it, of which I have put on 37k since March '11. My commute is going to increase to 200 miles/ day (total), so I figure I'll get to the big numbers quickly. I still haven't gotten the hang of the search option, so I would appreciate if someone could tell me what exactly the 'cam' issue is, or what I should look for in problems with this car over its life.

So far, I have become very familiar with the window motor, timing belt change intervals, correct oil to use and things to watch out with the clutch (mine is manual). I am doing most of the maintenance myself, with the help of this great site! I wish I could find a trusted TDI Mechanic in my area. I'm running from Denton, NC to Danville, VA every day and the nearest one on my site is towards Charlotte. I wish I could miracle my car to Oilhammer from what I've read!

Jnitrofish

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5, 2005.5, and 2006. 5m, 5m, and DSG.
Congratulations. :rolleyes:

shaark92

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, manual. '12 Jetta, DSG
107K on my TDI ... bought it new ... been using Amsoil AFL at 10K oil changes ... analysis done through 90K ... no issues so far! sched maintenance ... well, there was that intercooler replacement when it collided with a possum last year!

I've learned even "reputable" tire shops can have trouble balancing the Jetta's tires/wheels. Last two times through had 'em redoux ... ended up back at Autobahn who got it right the first time.

60K miles on my Michelin Harmonies ... & counting!

dturcott

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Approaching 222,000 original cam only changes clutch and right front wheel bearing. Stiils runs like the day I bought it. 5W40 Pentosin

jasonhipkins

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Bought my 2006 TDI Jetta with 114,000 and love it. Has 159,600 on it now. 2 days ago it started making popcorn sound and is now in the shop getting a new camshaft, timing belt, water pump. Looks like $1800-$2000 for this. Hope I can get another 150,000 out of it. 40-42mpg's. Other issues....there is a rattle since I bought the car that sounds like a idler pulley with bad bearings. When I rev the car over 1300rpm's the sound goes away. Also the windshield washer fluid will not pump onto the windshield or it does it very weakly. Last time I filled up the washer fluid, the low fluid light came on 2 days later, and I only tried to use it for like 2 mins.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Other issues....there is a rattle since I bought the car that sounds like a idler pulley with bad bearings. When I rev the car over 1300rpm's the sound goes away.
Does this happen only when the motor is cold? Do you have a DSG Auto? If so, I would have your flywheel inspected, ASAP!

Also the windshield washer fluid will not pump onto the windshield or it does it very weakly. Last time I filled up the washer fluid, the low fluid light came on 2 days later, and I only tried to use it for like 2 mins.
I think you have a leak around the pump.

Tony

667TDI

TDI
06 Jetta
Also the windshield washer fluid will not pump onto the windshield or it does it very weakly. Last time I filled up the washer fluid, the low fluid light came on 2 days later, and I only tried to use it for like 2 mins.

Mine was doing that. The hose between the firewall and the hood hinge was broke and cleaning the engine compartment instead of the winshield. A rub hose slipped over it works wonders.

striker

Veteran Member
TDI
None
60K miles on my Michelin Harmonies ... & counting!

Off topic but curious how you like em? My old man does a lot of driving every year *about 40K miles and he's looking for a set that will last him a while.

Are they noisy?

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Curious... what would those 10 other things be? DMF? timing belt and water pump? RF wheel bearing? Right side inner CV joint booty? Brakes and rotors?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Curious... what would those 10 other things be? DMF? timing belt and water pump? RF wheel bearing? Right side inner CV joint booty? Brakes and rotors?

...3 short. ;)