Who have more than 250,000 miles on 06 jetta tdi?

Rx7145

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
I have two 06’ BRM’s one with 267k and one with 250k. Cams and flywheels replaced on both.

kensue356

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
@235,000 miles . New Borgwarner turbo assy complete. Next week, having installed the Cascade German camshaft complete with complete water pump, belts, tensioner all the important good stuff. Cam and lifters wore out. Propably next is clutch assy. So far so good. Getting new tires installed. Replaced drivers door harness. It has great brakes. New master clyinder and clutch slave. New struts and shocks front lower aframe suspension parts. Newer driver's back installed and seat cushion yet to be installed. 2013 VW radio. What a sound! 2013 Vw Jetta sportwagen tdi 17" wheels. Looks real sharp. 225x 55x 17
We love this car. Yes, this thing cost some money but we want to keep it as long as we can. Still cheaper than dealing with "Bidennomics" which is a royal failure.

It's red and fading but I take the polishing wheel to it and buff the hell out of it including the headlight assys which faded.
I like it when the neighbors say, "You can afford a new car"! Then I open up the garage doors and they see a 31,000 mile 2015 Audi A3 preimum plus tdi, a Porsche Cayman, a 65 Porsche 356c and a 1985 VW Vanagon Westfalia camper. Then they shut up.
Knowing cars, I believe that when VW made the ORIGINAL MK5 (05 1/2 and 06) they over achieved themselves with all the perks they put in the car and with styling. Its got some intermitten electrical gremblens, but we deal with it. No biggie. It's just wanting to talk to me sometimes.

Sure things, fail, fall apart, it is to be expected. All have to be fixed sooner or later. It's still cheaper to own and we love the ride. It's an Arizona car. Farfairnugen! I believe we have the last laugh. I'm glad everybody does not own this car. W'ell keep the real secret to ourselves.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I have one I bought as a project that I need to fix. Needs new lifters and who knows what else. Has 339K on the odometer.

Romak-3

TDI
252k miles manual trans. Bought it 5/14 with 89k after extensive research here at TDIclub.
Original clutch and components, cam(lucky?)
Normal maintenance oil, filter and fuel filter every 7500k. Use Rotella T6 since in my possession.
Half shafts once both sides, bearings all four corners, tank pump not REALLY needed, 2 batteries, 2 sets tires.
Timing belt, water pump, and pulleys (went over mileage on them) and ready for the next round. Alternator replacment. shocks and struts (due again).
And frost heater install after first Iowa January drive to work. lol

Driver side wiring has been a pain, that's next on the agenda also. Will spend more time redoing.

Have driven it with respect and it has only let me down ONCE... battery shot craps.

Just bought a 77k mile 2017 Jetta 1.4t manual as a "get to work" insurance policy. Don't really care for it or the monthly payment, compared to the 06, no payment in years! Wish I just picked up another 06 instead.
She is rusty but VERY reliable.

Last edited: