Who has mega miles on a TDI

mhintlian

TDI
03 Golf GLS
2003 Golf GLS TDI 5 Spd manual 330,127 and counting original owner, just rebuilt whole drivetrain, wheel bearings. front end the whole enchilada! Love the car love the mileage!

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
345k miles on mine rebuilt ip new cam and lifters. New suspension otherwise all original. Running stage 4 Malone too!

DieselDork

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 BEW
225,000 miles original owner, 3rd clutch, 4th transmission (long story) 2nd Kp-39 turbo, new fuel lines, timing belt, replaced interior (sunshine beige clothe sucks for stains) love my tdi, will not disown it!

Doulop

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
High Miles

I have 329,061 miles on mine right now. A guy I work with has 346,000 on his. Love these cars to death!!

abused-TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Jetta
I am about to roll 500K on my 2005 TDI. Can't figure out how to load a picture for some reason or I would post a picture.

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
I just picked up an '03 manual ALH GLS wagon with 930,000km (578,000 miles) on it.

Bought it for parts from the original owner who was a salesman who traveled alot.
Aside from the usual suspension and brake wear parts the only things replaced on this car were:
-timing belt kit, numerous times
-alternator 1x
-clutch 1x
- both front fenders and the hatch, by vw

The engine and tranny have never been touched, head has never been off.
This car never had the starter or the turbo or the inj pump replaced or any injector work done!
All maintenance and repairs were done at one vw dealer (Pickering,ON).
Full synthetic oil always.

He finally parked it 2 yrs ago because it needed another clutch and had a bad miss at idle, (but runs perfect over 1500rpm).

When I went to pick it up it had not been running in 20 months.
Put a new battery in it and it fired up in about 8-10 seconds of cranking!
Rear brakes took some pounding to free up but within 1/2hr I was driving it.
Other than the miss at idle it runs perfect, accelerates normaly and dosen't smoke other than the first few seconds on a cold start.
The body is about a 7 out of 10, rockers are still good just a few minor dings and paint chips missing, and the interior (heated black leather) is a 9.

I bought it for parts but it seems like a shame to take it off the road.....it would be interesting to see how much further it would go.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
^^^ No further questioning your honor! (case closed- these things can go and go and go and go...)

Meanwhile, back in my world... My car's just under 168k miles:D (and it's totally awesome!)

Water4fire

TDI
02 Jetta TDi
I have 400k on mine and it has been flawless. I just did the first clutch job on it as i split the oil pan on my sons wedding day... dam it! Only basic timing belt complete kits every 100k. Original turbo and injection pump. Robby did the seal kit on the pump thow.

NoSmoke

Veteran Member
TDI
2K2 Golf
454K kms; have replaced alternator, glow plugs, front wheel bearings, rear brake calipers, inj'n pump seals. Clutch and front suspension a bit weak. All else pretty good except rocker panel rust.

New T-belt due in 10K - gotta decide soon whether to get it fixed (T-Belt, clutch & suspension) or call the Kidney Foundation.
Don't have wherewithal to do it myself...

:confused::confused:

Last edited:

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
This thread would be so much better if only people with "mega miles" reported in :(

<300K miles isn't "mega" for these TDI's it's "normal"......

Das

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2002 Jetta GLS TDI sold377k , 2012 black A3 TDI wagon
02 jetta,285000 sprint nozzles alt, steering rack and
2 glow plugs, rear calipers since I bought it at 167000
Vnt 15 orig, also replaced cam and lifters at 169 with timing belt
Pm as I was concerned lifters had slight damage on 2 of them.
I am always fixing small things but very dependable car
Had a 03 2.0 slow I sold at 265000 still ran like a champ
It’s all about maintance , run your belly pan/ skid plate

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I think it's only natural that people want to brag about their TDIs, even if they only have 100k or 200k miles. With luck and perseverance, someday their TDIs will have "mega miles" too.

flashmayo

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta - Gator Tuned
No where a mega miler 'yet', but I bought mine with a salvage title with 80K, and it now has 250K roughly.
I was bragging to someone about this when he said he had just traded in his 05 Chevy PickUp with 315K on it. It was still running perfect, just wanted a change.
I have to admit that though I love the fuel economy, after ten years I sometimes find myself looking at replacing it with something a bit bigger and quieter. It'll be time for a suspension refresh again soon, that could change my outlook on it.

MojoVlad

TDI
04 Jetta
Three weeks ago I bought my first TDI, an 04 with 381k miles.It came with all of the paperwork from the original owner who put about the firs 331k, he then sold it to a highschool kid who did some bad stuff to it, that kid sold it to a guy last April who just fed it oil and drove it. I pick it up from the shop tomorrow with no boost leak, no more diesel smell inside the car, and no more rear main seal leak (thanks to whoever cross threaded the pan polts in the rear main seal), and a new clutch. The mechanic said the timing belt had a few more miles in it, so that will wait. Hoping for another 200k.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
No where a mega miler 'yet', but I bought mine with a salvage title with 80K, and it now has 250K roughly.
I was bragging to someone about this when he said he had just traded in his 05 Chevy PickUp with 315K on it. It was still running perfect, just wanted a change.
I have to admit that though I love the fuel economy, after ten years I sometimes find myself looking at replacing it with something a bit bigger and quieter. It'll be time for a suspension refresh again soon, that could change my outlook on it.
I don't think I will have mine to 300K.
265K now.
Semi retired now and if I find something close to home the Jetta will go.
Have to start watching the budget.

oceanag

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6speed manual
I know I'm not a mega miler yet, but my 2011 I bought in 2012 with 18k miles now has 198k miles. Roughly put on 40-42k miles a year as a daily commuter. mostly original parts save a DPF and Low pressure EGR that died at 93k. Aside from that still has the original clutch and brakes. Been a good vehicle. Been noticing a bit of a mileage fall off lately but she gets about 44-46mpg doing 70 down the highway.

gopher

mega miles TDI

I currently have 503,000 miles on my 2005.5 Jetta TDI, original owner, cam and flywheel at 331,000 miles no other driveline or fuel system repairs. Rides like new. oil/filter change every 3500 miles, very conservative driving habits.

Prairie Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta, 04 Jetta
1,193,000 here...

Well, that is total of my current stable. My DD has the longest teeth at just under 350k.

I love seeing the looks from people when I tell them how many miles my cars have - they just can't comprehend. That, and the fact that the total investment I have in those 5 cars is less than what most put into a single car... I love it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I don't consider it mega, but saw this on IBW a couple weeks ago.

Already at 362K. Of note is that I bought this car new, so all the miles are mine. It would have more on it, but I think I've alway's owned at least one other car (or a motorcycle) since I bought it.

Last edited: