Who has decent 5sp shifter knob/boot assemblies?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I'd like something a wee bit better than the ones I see listed at around $15. Something short of a NOS R32 one though...LOL
cheers,
Douglas

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
This probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but I have one of these and it's pretty high quality: https://www.innovativcar-tech.de/en/

I think they're around $110 shipped. And, you don't have to pick illuminated if you don't want it (though that's sorta their thing.)

There are some custom options you can select too like all black instead of the polished trim. Side note, perforated leather is not one of them. I had this boot made to match my other GLI perforated components. But, the leather they come with is nice too.

Last edited:

DuraBioPwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 BEW Jetta (5spd)
Bought a stock replacement one on UROtuning. $50

First one lasted 300K so next stock one can last another 300K! Car is much faster now too. Chrome valve cover next.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
I swapped in an all aluminum one from a TT (it had a 6 speed pattern on top, but I knew better), it had a great feel in my hand until the first hot/sunny day. Whew, that thing was HOT.

I mention this to suggest you take the shift knob material into consideration, I had to start putting a coozie overt he shift knob during the day at work.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
# 1J0 711 113FEU is a stock vw replacement boot. Should run around $50. I have a really nice leather/wood shift knob that I would sell for $100 shipped. Can't remember exact retail at the time but it was north of $450! 😳

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
# 1J0 711 113FEU is a stock vw replacement boot. Should run around $50. I have a really nice leather/wood shift knob that I would sell for $100 shipped. Can't remember exact retail at the time but it was north of $450! 😳
Wood stuff always leaves me wanting to pick the wood. Sandalwood like the grips on The Gunslinger's hand-cannons would be nice... :) or Quercus Virginiana( Southern Live Oak ) come to mind.
cheers,
Douglas

sriracha

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon 5mt, 1982 Rabbit truck (gas)
I pieced together two New-Old-Stock shifters to create mine. Real leather Jetta shift boot mated to a perforated leather Audi A3 5-speed shift knob. The A3 boot would not fit the VW base. The collar trim and trim ring are both real aluminum. They're cold in the mornings. The diameter of the knob is greater than the stock knob. Overall, a very nice OEM+ upgrade: