Who has a 99.5 ?

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
Do you have a "cruise" lamp in your dashboard like the later a4's do ? I have tried 3 different stalks and none illuminate that lamp if it exists. The cruise does work and vcds does show all switches work.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
99.5's dont have this.

It's annoying anyway, all it shows is that the switch is on, not that it's driving the car.

-J

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
99.5's dont have this.

It's annoying anyway, all it shows is that the switch is on, not that it's driving the car.

-J
With a bit of work, you can upgrade to an Immo3 cluster and you will have the cruise control light. Then, once you have a newer cluster installed, there's a byte you can change in some cluster EEPROMs that will fix it so the light turns on only when the cruise is controlling the speed. I have it working that way in my '99.5 with an upgraded cluster.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I have a '99.5 and an '02, so I have one car with a cruise light, and one without. I agree with compu_85, the light isn't terribly useful. However, I clearly prefer the rocker switch on the stalk of the '02 over the '99.5. Much easier to adjust speed up and down while the car's in cruise.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
You can change the column switches out easily - I installed the updated style when the original stalk in my 99.5 wore out.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
You can change the column switches out easily - I installed the updated style when the original stalk in my 99.5 wore out.
Learn something new every day. I have a 99.5 and an 01 and they both have the old style cruise stalk. I didn't even realize there was a newer style.