Who got the payment from BOSCH?

DUBPL8

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 CW Golf TDi, '92 Honda Civic VX (wrecked), '96 Honda Civic CX hatchback (non-TDI)
So did any of you create a claim through the Bosch website or did the check come in automatically after turning your car in?

pghPAtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2001, White, Leather
That was never communicated to me. Why did they respond to my registration in June with requests to provide additional information and say that my information did not match the documents I submitted?

Who would be filing a claim with Bosch that did not file a claim against VW/Audi?
I had the same experience, I fired off the Bosch claim as soon as i got the chance without any knowledge of not needing to because of being automatically enrolled via VOA claim. Back in March? I found out soon afterwards that I should not have.
I brought my car in on July 5th to be viewed by the the VOA claims person and have received the 4200$ from VOA

I also received 2 emails from Bosch.... one stating that my scanned documents (VIN) did not match what I entered into the text boxes. I logged in and everything was correct. called them and they were useless, lots of dead air and one word answers.
The second email was that I was being removed from their database as they were aware that I had filed with VOA. called again to make sure than my double filing error was not problematic, zero help again.

Still no check from Bosch at this point.

BTW: the brain trust at the Bosch helpline are simply brutal to deal with, zero conversational skills or ability to pronounce the most simple of words.

Last edited:

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
I had the same experience, I fired off the Bosch claim as soon as i got the chance without any knowledge of not needing to because of being automatically enrolled via VOA claim. Back in March? I found out soon afterwards that I should not have.
I brought my car in on July 5th to be viewed by the the VOA claims person and have received the 4200$ from VOA

I also received 2 emails from Bosch.... one stating that my scanned documents (VIN) did not match what I entered into the text boxes. I logged in and everything was correct. called them and they were useless, lots of dead air and one word answers.
The second email was that I was being removed from their database as they were aware that I had filed with VOA. called again to make sure than my double filing error was not problematic, zero help again.

Still no check from Bosch at this point.

BTW: the brain trust at the Bosch helpline are simply brutal to deal with, zero conversational skills or ability to pronounce the most simple of words.
Whatever you do, don't tell the DanB poster. He will berate and mock you for not being able to read.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5327979&postcount=316

Still in the same boat. Nothing from Bosch, even though I got my first payment from Audi/VW in July.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray

pghPAtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Whatever you do, don't tell the DanB poster. He will berate and mock you for not being able to read.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5327979&postcount=316

Still in the same boat. Nothing from Bosch, even though I got my first payment from Audi/VW in July.
Yeah....I'm aware. I read all 25pg last night. it can be frustrating to repeat yourself over something so simple i'm sure. i think i replied to a mailing I got and then received an email which informed me of only needing to file with VOA.
Maybe.....its been a while.

do you have a Gen I or II Q5?

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Yeah....I'm aware. I read all 25pg last night. it can be frustrating to repeat yourself over something so simple i'm sure. i think i replied to a mailing I got and then received an email which informed me of only needing to file with VOA.
Maybe.....its been a while.

do you have a Gen I or II Q5?
Gen II. 2014 Q5 TDI.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
...and you link to the same post that (1) I just linked to above, and (2) shows at least three places where you (and everyone else) were told the very thing you say you were never told. Including the very page on which you begin filing the Bosch claim.
Whatever, dude.
This forum is supposed to be about helping fellow owners and lessees with questions.
Internet tough guys and smarty pants guys like you use it to exude you purported intellectual superiority. Such behavior is indicative of a miserable life, and using the internet to feel better about yourself. Take care, I will not be responding to you any longer. Life is too short to fight with turds like you.

Last edited:

pghPAtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
So funny thing.....got my half payment today.

So knowing fair well about what Bosch has done with dividing up the payments i call the helpline just for fun.

Talked to Rene', she said what others have mentioned here that the payout is divided in half until they get notification from VOA that the repair has been done.....then the other 750 comes. I asked her read to me the information regarding payout and she verbatim read the breakdown that stated 1500 for single owner, 750 for two owners etc.....
I asked her where the info was that said payouts would be halved and she had none to give and that VOA told them to only pay half until repair was done. I asked her to escalate this and send me some documents stating the plan to follow the VOA payout plan. We will see if i get and call or email back. Now we know that is not true as those are two different companies.
Any way i asked if she has been fielding call regarding this and she said all day everyday.
I don't like being lied to and kept in the dark. VOA has been upfront and efficient with their end of it this, Bosch's deception is horrible. But i guess that just follows suit with this whole scandle anyway. If they had of said from the beginning that payouts would be halved like VOA......that would have been fine.
And....by Dec 20th if there is no fix more cash from VOA is coming and then the buybacks are coming in the new year.....so they say

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
So funny thing.....got my half payment today.
So knowing fair well about what Bosch has done with dividing up the payments i call the helpline just for fun.
Talked to Rene', she said what others have mentioned here that the payout is divided in half until they get notification from VOA that the repair has been done.....then the other 750 comes. I asked her read to me the information regarding payout and she verbatim read the breakdown that stated 1500 for single owner, 750 for two owners etc.....
I asked her where the info was that said payouts would be halved and she had none to give and that VOA told them to only pay half until repair was done. I asked her to escalate this and send me some documents stating the plan to follow the VOA payout plan. We will see if i get and call or email back. Now we know that is not true as those are two different companies.
Any way i asked if she has been fielding call regarding this and she said all day everyday.
I don't like being lied to and kept in the dark. VOA has been upfront and efficient with their end of it this, Bosch's deception is horrible. But i guess that just follows suit with this whole scandle anyway. If they had of said from the beginning that payouts would be halved like VOA......that would have been fine.
And....by Dec 20th if there is no fix more cash from VOA is coming and then the buybacks are coming in the new year.....so they say
You know damn well everyone got half for half repair. Stop being such an *******.

pghPAtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
You know damn well everyone got half for half repair. Stop being such an *******.
it always seems to be the new members that are unpleasant and verbally inappropriate.
This forum in particular has been able to help thousands of members over the years since its inception from fun mods to saving those in mechanical trouble to staying away from the stealership repair work and just fun chatting and new friends

you are none of those people and should reconsider your status here as it appears to tap into your unfriendly side and make you unhappy.

And half for half repair was not the deal with Bosch based on the communication from them when this was rolled out.

be nice to one another

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
it always seems to be the new members that are unpleasant and verbally inappropriate.
This forum in particular has been able to help thousands of members over the years since its inception from fun mods to saving those in mechanical trouble to staying away from the stealership repair work and just fun chatting and new friends
you are none of those people and should reconsider your status here as it appears to tap into your unfriendly side and make you unhappy.
And half for half repair was not the deal with Bosch based on the communication from them when this was rolled out.
be nice to one another
Speaking of being nice. YOU called a Bosch customer service rep and berated the poor person whose job is to pick up the phone. Why would you make that person's day miserable by making them find the document stating half payment when YOU know do not exist.

You should call the lawyers and judge. Leave the customer service reps alone.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Speaking of being nice. YOU called a Bosch customer service rep and berated the poor person whose job is to pick up the phone. Why would you make that person's day miserable by making them find the document stating half payment when YOU know do not exist.

You should call the lawyers and judge. Leave the customer service reps alone.
You should re-read his original post. Nowhere did it indicate he berated the rep. Sounds like he politely pressed her for information and asked for a call back from a supervisor (escalated).
Don't understand the need for some on this forum to call names and belittle other people. Some people lead sad lives. Have a nice day.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Got my $350 check 9/15. Buyback was on 8/11

Hmmmmm........that would seem slightly over a month.

Randomization factor aside, I should be looking at a case of Crown Royal within a week or 10 days.

And that causes a smile on this sailor's face

ez

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
After receiving a bunch of checks for $175 instead of the full $350, I called the Bosch claims line today, and was told that post 9/18/16 claimants are getting 1/2 of the money now, and will be mailed the remaining half after the claim registration period closes on 4/30/2020, if there is not an elligible seller claim up to that point.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Hmmmmm........that would seem slightly over a month.
Randomization factor aside, I should be looking at a case of Crown Royal within a week or 10 days.
And that causes a smile on this sailor's face

ez
In my mailbox this eve was a (window) envelope with "BOSCH SETTLEMENT" showing.

Reckon the Crown Royal purchase won't have to wait a week or ten days...........

My buyback was 29 August 2017.

Thank you, Bosch

ez sends

FlyingVan

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I got my 2011 Jetta Sportwagen 'fixed' on September 5th and got a $350.00 check in the mail today, October 3rd.

tkdcmpedude

TDI
2015 Golf S
My buyback was last year and my check came in about a week ago. Not sure what the hold up was on mine but thankfully I think I'm finally finished everything regarding this settlement now.

-tkd

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Didn't you file with Bosch in addition to VW? I mistakenly did as well. Still waiting on my claim.
I did file with Bosch as well as VW. I never received a post card, and never saw the instructions about not filing a claim. Been quite busy dealing with multiple other issues outside of this, but Bosch could have simply had a yes or no question on their registration form online that prevented an owner from filing with Bosch if the question "Did you file a claim with VW" was answered yes.

Anyway, it did not affect Bosch sending me half of what they owe me.