who all is heading up to vancouver for the gtg?

hotrodtdi

Veteran Member
who many are heading up on saturday the 7th of april and are there any places we can meet on the way up i live north of bellingham.

dutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Bora
DC,

I know of about 3-5 people that will go. We are meeting at 7 at the rest area at smokey point, then we are heading up to BC. We should be at Bellingham around 8-8.30.
Let us know where to meet you (at the freeway).

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Hey guys, I'm going for sure, but unforseen circumstances have made it financially improbable that I'll be getting chipped on this occasion (read: the ex nagged me to death for some extra cash this month). I'm really stoked about meeting whoever is going and checking out some modified tdi's. It's one thing to talk about it and a whole different ballgame to experience just how much better this car can be with a little tweaking. I've even booked the weekend off from work to go to this gtg! See you all there.

P.S. Hope you all get a chance to check out a bit of our country while you're up here.

hotrodtdi

Veteran Member
I got the vacation day to go on saturday and would like to meet up at the Lynden-Birch bay exit it is approx. 8 miles south of the canadian border and you can get right back on the freeway. anyone interested in a upsolute tb 1 poti less than 800 miles on it?

dutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Bora
DC,

that is cool. You want us to take the exit (Lynden-Birch)? or is there a rest area, park and ride?
Let me know and we will be there!

hotrodtdi

Veteran Member
i will be waiting at the top of the exit and we can get back on the freeway or go across the freeway over to the texaco if someone needs to make a pit stop.

Dana D.

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, white
I won't be making this run. I have an important meeting in Olympia on Saturday with the Wash. State Patrol. Besides, the Bimmer had to go into the shop and that ate up the additional $ that I was saving for the Upsolute.

Guys, have fun and I'll have to check out the cool new toys at the next local GTG.

dutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Bora
Dana.... you make me cry.. but I understand, well I'll come by with my car and you can drive mine (test drive).

DC do you have a cell phone? if so email me the number, so I can call you Saturday when we are almost at the exit where we pick you up. I that Texaco far from the freeway, and can you get back on the freeway easy?

Drop me an email.

Dana, I will miss you there buddy....

Oil_Burner

Veteran Member
Turbo (diesel) Tazz-man...TB here again... I'll be there around 2-3pm friday. I'll call you tomarrow (Thursday) afternoon around 2pm to try and connect with you as to where you want to meet. I have your cell number so I'll try the hotel and then the cell to try and connect with you. Get ready to Chip and Box (3) me! Question: Will you tune the box for me? I'm like CLUELESS in Seattle about the workings of that thing!

Thanks,

TB

[ April 05, 2001: Message edited by: J. Thomas Bentzen ]

godlike242

Veteran Member
i'll be cruising up to the smokey point gathering me thinks..

anyone have a upsoluted machine already who is going up? Preferably one that isn't modded too far beyond the chip.