White on Black 2013 Jetta TDi

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Just picked it up. Excited to have a 4 door Diesel sedan. So sad that there are not many options when It comes to diesel passenger cars. So VW it is.

I had a MKIV TDi before this that had a lot of little problems along with a busted oil pan on the freeway. I'm hoping for better with this one.

I'm really looking forward to more misadventures with this VW

If you have any insight that I may have missed, please let me know..

Cesar

VWfan55

TDI
Jetta TDI 2013 White/CrnSlk w/Premium
Do you have the partial-power seats in the front and lumbar support? Or do you have Nav and have 6-way full power seats?

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
It's the base model with DSG. All manual seats although the window sticker says power recline. Not a big deal for me as I prefer the least amount of automated features.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
It's the base model with DSG. All manual seats although the window sticker says power recline. Not a big deal for me as I prefer the least amount of automated features.
document it and go after VW! There is something about this already! you might get something free out of the deal!

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=361804

save your window sticker as evidence!

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Honestly, it's not worth the effort for me. Good luck to those with a pending case.

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Here's a picture of it when I picked it up. Only 10 miles on the Odo, still had all of the protective wrapping. Sweet.

Untitled by hks3sgte, on Flickr

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Check engine light just came on with less than 2,500 miles. I won't have a chance to get it checked jntil next week, so I was wondering what are the common reasons for the light to come on? Thanks.

deoncollins69

TDI
2011 jetta sedan 6spM
Pdf

DPF light just came on now. WhatTF
I'm surprised how many manufacturers are going with DPF vs urea. Volvo very briefly went with diesel particulate filters in their large trucks and quickly transitioned to urea. The filters were deteriorating and were costing us a grand a piece because they could not be reconditioned. Just to satisfy my curiosity what does a new DPF cost on a 2011 TDI sedan? What was the outcome?

mrmmacd77

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium
I'm surprised how many manufacturers are going with DPF vs urea. Volvo very briefly went with diesel particulate filters in their large trucks and quickly transitioned to urea. The filters were deteriorating and were costing us a grand a piece because they could not be reconditioned. Just to satisfy my curiosity what does a new DPF cost on a 2011 TDI sedan? What was the outcome?
I "think" it's in the range of $1000+ dollars just for the part... BUT and this is a big BUT... there is a company located in Washington state that can clean them... Have yet to see the prices... Many people were hoping for a core/swap so that would equate to less down time.

HKS3
As for your problems with the check engine lights and DPF lights... It's not the first time I've heard of one out of the box failing. I wonder if they forgot to program the ECU to enter regen phases and it plugged? Thats just a guess but, they'll end up replacing something I'm sure... :(

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Here is my dash this morning on the way to the dealer. The Glow Plug light decided to join the party today. Blinking, nonetheless.

Service rep said he's never seen this issue with such low miles. He said they have a loaner car available just in case. We'll see!

Untitled by hks3sgte, on Flickr

mrmmacd77

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium
Looks very seasonal on your dash there... red and yellow.. just like the trees. =-p. Hope they get you straightend out quick....

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
The blinking glow plug light is kinda scary in my opinion.

Definitely let us know what the outcome is.

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
DPF wasn't clogged but the light kept coming back on. They will be replacing the whole thing tomorrow. Amazing what a POS that system is. Meanwhile they have me in a gas MKVI Jetta that smells like an ashtray

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
My golf threw a code to replace dpf and egr filter at 1400 miles and every 10k miles after each replacement !!! Good luck , keep on em!

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Highline w/Nav
Not surprising

Not surprised, i only had my car since august and it has been in the shop longer than it has been in my driveway. They just kept throwing parts at it until it was fixed which they ended up running a new wiring harness over the existing for the airbag system. Can't wait till the day i can get rid of it. Say what you will, with all the issues i have been reading on this site it seems VW quality is declining. Hard to stay true to a brand that sees more time on the hoist than on the road.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Probably time to keep all the records for the lemon law case. My 2009 TDI JSW knock on wood has been trouble free for its whole life. They must have Monday cars in Mexico as well in Detroit. I hate hearing these stories, Good Luck,hope all works out well. JP

joeelmex

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Premium
Yikes knock on wood hard for me, I bought 2 2012 Jetta's Tdi. Only 1k on them so far but no issues yet.

fon462

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Almost 30k miles on my 2012 Jetta bought in December. Only problems so far were the horn and water soaked under the clear coat. Other than that I am happy. Plus I am getting over 50mpg on my 600+mile weekly commute! saves me some money!

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
So VW of Downtown LA called and said it might be in the shop for another week. Stating that i may have filled up with a bad batch of diesel that is causing all kinds of problems. What a bunch of BS. Pissed off doesnt even begin to explain how I feel right now.

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
VW finally called me. They are blaming it on a bad batch of diesel based on their fuel analysis. They won't cover the repair. In order for me to get my car fixed, I need to have my insurance involved and have my insurance pay VW.

Am I wrong to think that VW should fix my car without my insurance getting involved? It has 2,300 freaking miles on it! They wipe their hands clean and blame it on bad diesel. Seriously? I haven't had my car in a week and now I can't get it back until I pay for the repairs?

I need some advice here. This is ridiculous!

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Bullish!t !! What repairs are they suggesting ? Ask for a copy of the lab results for the fuel test ! If its your high pressure fuel pump/fuel system, let them know you are aware of the ongoing NHTSA investigation on this matter ! There is no way they should put you on the hook for this ! BTW a fuel system replacement will ring to the tune of around 8K

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Will a bad HPFP have the same problems I had (all the warning lights, low power, but fine otherwise)

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
VW finally called me. They are blaming it on a bad batch of diesel based on their fuel analysis. They won't cover the repair. In order for me to get my car fixed, I need to have my insurance involved and have my insurance pay VW.

Am I wrong to think that VW should fix my car without my insurance getting involved? It has 2,300 freaking miles on it! They wipe their hands clean and blame it on bad diesel. Seriously? I haven't had my car in a week and now I can't get it back until I pay for the repairs?

I need some advice here. This is ridiculous!
This is why I recommend that people keep their fuel receipts. I also recommend always going to the same station if possible to keep it simple if you get a bad dose of fuel.

If bad fuel was used in the car, why should VW be liable? Not necessarily blaming you, unless you put gas in by mistake. If bad diesel was put into the car then the fuel station is liable. Make an insurance claim if you have to and they should go after the fuel station if you have a record of filling up there.

Good luck getting this sorted out.

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I went 300 miles on that tank of diesel. I filled up at a local Valero with a credit card so i have a record. I'm going to ask to see the fuel analysis since i think it is a defective VW part and they're not taking responsibility.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
I'm surprised how many manufacturers are going with DPF vs urea. Volvo very briefly went with diesel particulate filters in their large trucks and quickly transitioned to urea. The filters were deteriorating and were costing us a grand a piece because they could not be reconditioned. ...
there is no DPF vs urea choice. ALL diesels since 2007 MY have had a DPF. Urea is also used depending on the weight of the vehicle.