Which tray/Battery for TDI?

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
so I'm contemplating adding an additional battery in my trunk.

61 AMP HOUR $40.46
95 AMP HOUR $38.76
72 AMP HOUR $38.76

there are three choices? It doesn't look like they are different sized trays. so I'm not really sure what the difference is?

anyone know?

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
Why? Some special need?
yeah installing aftermarket stereo and may run two amps. so Just wanting to take some stress of the stock electical system, and with an OEM fit and finish avalialbe for a second battery it's a no brainer.

I just don't know why there are three different trays listed? not sure what would be different?

my thought was maybe one is for the 2.5l, the V6, and then the TDI? I think they all mount the same though.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm going to GUESS that the big battery is for the TDI, the middle battery is for the VR6 (trunk mount), and the small battery is for the 2.5.

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
I'm going to GUESS that the big battery is for the TDI, the middle battery is for the VR6 (trunk mount), and the small battery is for the 2.5.
yeah I think that's my guess too. I'm probably just going to order one and see what happens. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Although you would think that the one with the different price would be the one for the trunk.

I have no idea. Might need to cross-reference some part numbers in ETKA.

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
Although you would think that the one with the different price would be the one for the trunk.

I have no idea. Might need to cross-reference some part numbers in ETKA.
well the parts guy didn't seem to know...I ended up ordering all the stuff and went with the biggest one. We shall see!

Now I just hope it doesn't take forever for this stuff to show up.:D