Which exhaust system??

Willy'sTurboD

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
There may already be a thread on this but I cannot find it if there is. I am thinking about installing an exhaust system on my 2009 Jetta but am unsure of what is the best product on the market is. I have read a decent amount about a mufflerectomy, but am thinking about just going with a complete exhaust. Right now I am looking at Borla but let me know what you all think feel free to post videos of what you have so that I can hear what the differ options sound like. Thanks is advance!

Willy'sTurboD

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I have a full 3 inch straight pipe exhaust from BuzzKen and I couldn't be happier. BuzzKen and Rawtek seem to be the best exhaust systems for our cars, if you're interested in hearing what my car sounds like take a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0uFS0my_H4
Thanks for the video! Kinda funny we have the same set up I also own a 2001 jeep Cherokee. If I do not have a tune (my TDI is bone stock) will it sound as good as yours or is the tune important in developing that sound.

peobryant

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the video! Kinda funny we have the same set up I also own a 2001 jeep Cherokee. If I do not have a tune (my TDI is bone stock) will it sound as good as yours or is the tune important in developing that sound.
You're very welcome. I haven't had my XJ long (a little over a year) but I love it. The 4.0 is a great engine and it has been dead nuts reliable apart from the original starter failing a few days ago. It gets about 18-20 mpg on the highway too, which isn't half bad.

You'll need a tune if you want your car to sound like mine simply because I deleted all the emissions equipment. If I'm not mistaken the car will only run in limp mode if the emissions are deleted and it isn't tuned. The tune doesn't make it sound different, that is all on the exhaust.

R-Sixxer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 1.9L
I'm running a 2006 with a 3" turbo-back system from Kermatdi with one of their custom tunes and love it (wish I did this as soon as I drove it off the lot). It's not annoyingly louder from stock, there's little to no smoke, and the boost in performance is always welcome. Also, there's no drone at any rpm or at any speed.