Where to get sunroof visor?

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
Anyone know of a place to get a sunroof visor (or whatever they are called) other than the steeler?

They want a fortune for that little piece of plastic. I can see why, opening the sun roof anything but a crawl on my Jetta makes that cool presure change sound! It must stop!

Someone else must also have this happen. If so, what did you do to stop it. Besides drive with the sunroof shut!

Thanks as always

TDiTony

Jared B.

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI Green
Tony,

There's a store in Menasha (by Appleton) that sells Sunroofs. They could probably do visor's, too. They do wonderful work and are extremely friendly and helpful. The place is called "Erickson Auto Trim". Check out their website at http://www.eautotrim.com and give them a call. Drop me an email and let me know what works out
. I know that Van Dyn Hoven (dealer in Appleton) works with them a lot, so they're good with VW's too. They installed heated seats for me
. Love them!

Jared

famous

Veteran Member
It's not likely you'll get one that fits right for half price or anything like that,so you might as well get the right one from the dealer,at least you know it fits,and they'll warranty it.
I don't think the POSSIBLE savings are worth the aggravation of running around trying to find something suitable,assuming it's out there .
Just my 2 cents,Happy Motoring.
BTW,I don't have one either,they ARE expensive,at least in Canada,so for the time being,I'm doing without.

Mad Milo

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
A simple remedy is to crack open another window (or 2). An inch or so works well.

I understand the sound, it feels like your head is gonna explode!

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
Originally posted by Mad Milo:
I understand the sound, it feels like your head is gonna explode!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't need no sunroof making noise for that feeling, it's just normal!

Dorado

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI, 2002, Cool White
As I understand it the VW sun visor/wind deflector (for the NB) is a bit pricy but it's held on by special hooks, whereas aftermarket units use double sided tape, etc. Can anyone confirm this?