where to get ... pp520's....and good black boxes

mr_sunshine

Veteran Member
TDI
Rabbit, 1979, Red
where to get ... pp520\'s....and good black boxes

maybe I missed a link on my search string. But I can't seem to find a link to a place that actually sells pp520's.

I know bullydog makes a good black box. 25hp increase, which is plenty when coupled with other mods, but who else makes good boxes, and what are the #'s for these.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +

Try Rene Berube <rberube@upsolute.com>. He sells the Upsolute Box. This one has no pots to adjust, just plug and play. It took me 10 minutes to put it in. No real difference in MPG but WOW what a difference in power. I now feel comfortable passing people. Just a little smoke on full throttle. No other issues. Cost $225.00 shipped.

mr_sunshine

Veteran Member
TDI
Rabbit, 1979, Red

Ok great so far, thanx for the info. Anybody have a breakdown of the different blackboxes? I'm almost ded set on a stage 3 upsolute chip. So preference dictates something that meshes well with 520's and an upsolute 3.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta

[ QUOTE ]
I am %99 sure it was Upsolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Upsolute.

But keep in mind:

This is an automatic transmission car, so it has 11mm pump. Also, the smoke is too much in the summer heat with the standard upsolute chip used for this dyno.

Lucky for us both RocketChip and Upsolute now have special tuning available to accomodate bigger injectors.

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta

PP520 or PP502 and chip designed for big injectors. PP357 will require less tuning.

Be ready to adjust your injection pump to reduce smoke. It should not be nearly as bad with a good FMIC or water injection. But I usually recommend PP357 for autos.

Pelolok is mandatory ($90)from http://www.peloquins.com

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver

[ QUOTE ]
Pelolok is mandatory ($90)from http://www.peloquins.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't find the Pelolok on the website? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Do I just have to send him a note?

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta

It's the "80% kit."

cloute

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2003 TDI GLS

[ QUOTE ]
OK..... I'm new to VW's and TDI's so bear with me. I was looking at www.kermatdi.com and saw this graph http://store.wellsfargoestore.com/store.asp?m=KermaTdi&n=14&k=3112 that seems to show 300 ft lb of torque with the 520 injectors, a mufflerectomy and a chip. Am I reading this right? What chip was involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not 300 ft/lbs, it's 300 Nm which makes a big difference. 300 ft/lbs would be 200% torque increase!! /images/graemlins/eek.gif I'd be awesome but...

Paul_L_Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
None

[ QUOTE ]
It's not 300 ft/lbs, it's 300 Nm which makes a big difference. 300 ft/lbs would be 200% torque increase!! /images/graemlins/eek.gif I'd be awesome but...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! the scale specifically says Ft lb.