Where to get headlight assemblies

tangogawd

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
Hey folks, new to the forum. I have had a 2005.5 Jetta now for about a year, love the car!

I am in terrible need of some headlight assy's, mine are badly fogged over, I've polished them to help a little, but really want new. I've had autozone drop one order, and amazon sends broken assy's,

Where is a good place to get new units? and any brands to stay way from? I really don't like cheap Chinese junk.

Thanks

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Welcome aboard.

See if you can find OE from one of the primary VW vendors. Hella. Valeo. Used to be about $150 to $250 each. Search by VW part number. Almost all aftermarket brands generally have issues.

I don't know the MkV, but see if you can keep your assemblies and replace the lenses. Plastic are cheap, glass with 3M covers are more expensive, but will produce clear light for a long time. 30 minute DIY at home.

Once you gather the part numbers you can see all the vendors who have OEM available...

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5

tangogawd

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
I'll check with the Ebay guy about Alaska shipping. Dealer want $350 each. I'd do lenses, but my passenger side. They lost the High beam clip and the bulb burned the reflector, so I'd need that too