Where to get ALH nozzles installed?

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
1984 CJ w/ ALH and 1994 XJ w/ PD150/ALH hybrid
I've used darkside a lot for everything. Sometimes, it's frustrating having a lack of instruction PDFs for certain things, but everything I've figured out on my own eventually.

That being said, my goal on the ALH at this point is a Stage 4 tune. If I can get 150HP out of my ALH, I'm happy. Hell, if it made 120HP, I'd be fine. I figure since I have the upgraded SMIC, VNT17, and the 11mm pump

With what you have, you should be around 200hp if you throw in some .230 injectors and a decent tune. You know that the 01M is garbage, so I won't address that, but you should look at a good clutch. I have an SBC Endurance Stage 2, and I can't complain. We basically have the same setup, except I run MAXSPEEDING Chinese rods :)eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:), lift pump, and a Colt Stage 2 cam. I've purchased from Darkside, as I have their FMIC (and it didn't come with instructions), and it fit, for the most part. I have a GTB2060VKLR and .310 injectors heading to me soon. With that, and a new tune, I think I'll finally be able to say that I'll be happy where I'm at. But who, knows.

Last edited:

03Wagn

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon
With what you have, you should be around 200hp if you throw in some .230 injectors and a decent tune. You know that the 01M is garbage, so I won't address that, but you should look at a good clutch. I have an SBC Endurance Stage 2, and I can't complain. We basically have the same setup, except I run MAXSPEEDING Chinese rods :)eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:), lift pump, and a Colt Stage 2 cam. I've purchased from Darkside, as I have their FMIC (and it didn't come with instructions), and it fit, for the most part. I have a GTB2060VKLR and .310 injectors heading to me soon. With that, and a new tune, I think I'll finally be able to say that I'll be happy where I'm at. But who, knows.

And always remember: "If you have coin, khajiit has wares."
Have you ever dyno’d your car cuban? The new set up sounds like it will be nasty.

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Have you ever dyno’d your car cuban? The new set up sounds like it will be nasty.

I have not, no. I'm going off what folks are telling me I should be making BHP as there are plenty of people running the XMAN GT1752MFS and polish .230 injectors (and I verified the balance, at least at idle). I've been told that it should be around 160-175 to the wheels. I have so many different tunes for it, some are aggressive and lift the head without studs (ask me how I know), and others are much more calm (currently on the car).

The new setup should be fun. I'm going to keep it somewhat sane, maybe two maps and the ability to switch in between. Like Frank said, you can't really have MPG and power, but I'd like to have a conservative tune, and a full-on loco-tune (but don't want to push too far).

03Wagn

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon
I have not, no. I'm going off what folks are telling me I should be making BHP as there are plenty of people running the XMAN GT1752MFS and polish .230 injectors (and I verified the balance, at least at idle). I've been told that it should be around 160-175 to the wheels. I have so many different tunes for it, some are aggressive and lift the head without studs (ask me how I know), and others are much more calm (currently on the car).

The new setup should be fun. I'm going to keep it somewhat sane, maybe two maps and the ability to switch in between. Like Frank said, you can't really have MPG and power, but I'd like to have a conservative tune, and a full-on loco-tune (but don't want to push too far).
Excited to see how that goes for you, as I’d like to eventually go bigger as well. I have the same clutch on the same set up as your current, do you plan on upgrading now or if/when it starts to slip?

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Excited to see how that goes for you, as I’d like to eventually go bigger as well. I have the same clutch on the same set up as your current, do you plan on upgrading now or if/when it starts to slip?

Me too. I'll be sure to send you a message once I know how everything goes.

To be honest I'm not sure what I'm going to do. My ultimate goal was to swap this into my CJ7, but during my last deployment I had a stroker motor built that I put into it. As much as I love the idea of a diesel, I hate the idea of pulling the motor for it to sit (especially since I just bought a Sniper EFI system for it). If I can find a blown motor pickup, or maybe even another CJ7 I might do the swap and so it defeats the purpose of buying a clutch for the car. I do know someone that was running the GTB2056 w/ .310 injectors with the VR6 clutch setup. I can't recall if the VR6 was stronger, weaker, or the same as the SBC.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I have not, no. I'm going off what folks are telling me I should be making BHP as there are plenty of people running the XMAN GT1752MFS and polish .230 injectors (and I verified the balance, at least at idle). I've been told that it should be around 160-175 to the wheels
I ran a setup similar to yours for a long time, but with RC6 (6000 RPM) tune. Dyno'd at 184/320 at the wheels. Did a lot of track days with that setup, and it was dead reliable. Also got low 40s consistently on the street. Ultimately the head did lift a little, but it also wore the valve guides and bent all the rods. Jeff says three things can kill TDIs: Fuel, boost and revs. I didn't run big fuel (Bosio PP502s) and boost was a pretty reasonable 26 PSI. But I did have revs. And I learned that high revs on a TDI make heat: I'd see coolant temps as high as 240 after a long track session, and EGTs would hit 1600 on every straight. But it was a blast.

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
I ran a setup similar to yours for a long time, but with RC6 (6000 RPM) tune. Dyno'd at 184/320 at the wheels. Did a lot of track days with that setup, and it was dead reliable. Also got low 40s consistently on the street. Ultimately the head did lift a little, but it also wore the valve guides and bent all the rods. Jeff says three things can kill TDIs: Fuel, boost and revs. I didn't run big fuel (Bosio PP502s) and boost was a pretty reasonable 26 PSI. But I did have revs. And I learned that high revs on a TDI make heat: I'd see coolant temps as high as 240 after a long track session, and EGTs would hit 1600 on every straight. But it was a blast.

I'm also at 26 psi. I just installed a reworked head with dual valve springs, so I have the other head and I'll have redone. Rods are now good in preparation for the bigger turbo. I try to keep the revs down (maybe 5K every once in a while) and have an EGT. I was racing an older BMW M3 when I was down in Miami and saw 1500F, but that's the only time I believe it's been that high. This car is so much fun to drive, so I can attest to that.

It's good to hear that I'm potentially that high.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
They dyno I ran on was super conservative, so it could show 200 HP on another dyno. A stock WRX at the time (225 HP) would show 145 HP on that dyno.

03Wagn

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon
26 psi here as well, though my car doesn’t feel like it’s anywhere near 200whp. I’m thinking it’s around 165 right now. I have an 11mm pump and head studs going on in the next couple of weeks and I’m hoping that will get me around 180. I would love to dyno my car to have some actual numbers to compare to how it feels.

Last edited: