Where to find parts for lowered Jetta mk4?

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I can tell you the trunk lid has wiring that feeds the CCM (for locks and release). do your power locks work? does the trunk release work?

Check fuse 14

sixmenn

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI manual transmission , 2000 VW Jetta GLS TDI manual transmission
No, the power locks and trunk lock/unlock don’t work either. Since the trunk cannot currently latch (rear end is still too dented; getting that fixed next week), I don’t know if the door switch for the trunk release works. I don’t hear the familiar “zztt “ though…

When I changed over to the new trunk lid, I changed out the key cylinder/VW symbol along with the orange “thingy” that it plugs into. I figured that would eliminate any ECM issues. Was I wrong?

And would that cause the windows to not work anymore??

sixmenn

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI manual transmission , 2000 VW Jetta GLS TDI manual transmission
Ha! Fuse 14 was the one. Replaced it and it all came back.

I’m embarrassed….

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Ha! Fuse 14 was the one. Replaced it and it all came back.

I’m embarrassed….
Something caused that fuse to blow - in my case it was broken trunk harness wires at the point where they flex when you open and close the trunk. Replaced fuse 14 a few times before I realized what was doing it :(

sixmenn

Veteran Member
TDI
I had the same issue in my other Jetta and had to rewire those connections some years ago. I inspected this one right away when I got it from my local junk yard and it appears to be ok. I’ll keep an eye on it though.
I’m guessing that something shorted when I removed the old trunk lid and associated wiring. Hopefully this fuse will live a long and healthy life!

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Maybe check for a blown fuse?
I can't think of anything that should cause it unless you pinched a wire somewhere. :unsure: