Where to buy formed seat foam

KIMBER

TDI
97 GETTA 1.9 TDI
Having drivers side seat repaired. Anyone know where to buy new formed seat foam reasonable? A3 Jetta. Dealer price $140.00!

winter

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (for sale) 2011 Sportwaggy
KIMBER said:
Having drivers side seat repaired. Anyone know where to buy new formed seat foam reasonable? A3 Jetta. Dealer price $140.00!
I never heard of an outside supplier selling seat foam for A3 vw's. $140 doesn't sound all that bad to be honest, and you know it's fairly good stuff. You could always try to locate a good used seat instead, they are dime-a-dozen or maybe you can find seat foam in bulk and try to sculpt your own cushion.

Bookerdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI - BLACK
Not correct on them not being available outside of the dealer. The A3 seat foam splits regularly.

I got a replacement for my old A3 through one of the related Parts.com suppliers. I think mine was about $60, but I recall thinking that I got a great deal.

A quick search on parts.com revealed they are selling them for $104. Link I would look definitely take the time to search some of the other parts sites to see if you can find it even cheaper.

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI GLS ( my 5th TDI ), 03 Eurovan GLS - VR6 :(
Replace the seat with one from a B4 Passat, much better foam base design and plug and play into the A3, plus you get the lumbar support adjustment.

winter

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (for sale) 2011 Sportwaggy
Bookerdog said:
Not correct on them not being available outside of the dealer. The A3 seat foam splits regularly.

I got a replacement for my old A3 through one of the related Parts.com suppliers. I think mine was about $60, but I recall thinking that I got a great deal.

A quick search on parts.com revealed they are selling them for $104. Link I would look definitely take the time to search some of the other parts sites to see if you can find it even cheaper.
There may very well be something out there that works, but i find the OEM stuff to be of very good quality. Splits? Yeah, if you stick your knee on the seat bottom enough times to retrieve your cell phone from the opposite side floor board, it will eventually split.:rolleyes: