Where to buy Diesel in Ottawa/Hull?

OttawaTDI

TDI
2003 Golf GLS Mojave Beige (Picked up on April 25, 2003)
I did some searches online and haven't found anything too useful. Has anyone ever put together a list of diesel sellers in Ottawa/Hull or have any preferred places?

My favorite so far is the Suny's at Preston and Carling.

brujo

TDI
Jetta, 2000, Silver
Go to ottawagasprices.com then pick Alternative Fuels on the right hand side. Actually it's a pretty good site it tell you how much per litre. I think every City should have a site like this so we won't get rip off. I hate gas station that sell diesel at the same price as regular gas or even higher. Those station should be fire bomb.

DieselTyke

TDI
2001 2-door, GL, Indigo
Sunys in Bells Corners is always cheap, no problems with the gas and seem to have plenty of inventory turnover.

I wish a West-end Sunoco would convert a pump to Gold, so I could give it a try.

Rod

OttawaTDI

TDI
2003 Golf GLS Mojave Beige (Picked up on April 25, 2003)
I have been going to this one lately. The price is always much better than everywhere else. It's handy when I happen to be going out to CostCo.

boardom

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI PD - Beige/Black
I've been using the Drummonds on bronson @ the 417 lately. Going to try the sunoco gold up at huntclub/uplands...

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
I'm in the west end, and the following have diesel:
<ul type="square">[*]Pioneer on Hwy 7 (at the Ottawa Valley Speedway)
[*]Ultramar on Carp Road (south side of 417; $$$)
[*]Suny's on Terry Fox, across the the Kanata Rec Complex
[/list]
But, I usually fill up at the Suny's in Bells Corners; cheapest I've found, and yeah, high turnover, so I'm sure it's fresh.

Everybody update Ottawa Alternative Fuels whenever they can!!! Great site, but the diesel doesn't get updated too often!

boardom

Veteran Member
TDI
Just picked up some Sunoco Gold at 79.9 on Meadowlands/Prince of wales.

Wish the damn sunoco on parkdale would get some, so I could stop driving to the boonies. ;]

snorksca

TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2004, Red
Just picked up some Sunoco Gold at 79.9 on Meadowlands/Prince of wales.

Wish the damn sunoco on parkdale would get some, so I could stop driving to the boonies. ;]
You can also fill with Sunoco Gold on Woodroffe South of Algonquin College. I went all the way to Conroy from Kanata once b/c Prince of Wales was not self serve.

cattlerepairman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I wish a West-end Sunoco would convert a pump to Gold, so I could give it a try.
Rod
The SUNOCO on Woodroffe (just South of Meadowlands) has Gold diesel!

What about the big Sunoco at Kanata Square, where the AMG movie theatre is? I never checked whether they carry Gold.

boardom

Veteran Member
TDI
Sunoco on Prince of wales/meadowlands = Gold as well.
There's one off of Conroy as well.. up Hunt club way.
You have to fight the damn pump jockeys for them to let you pump it yourself. I had a 5 minute discussion with a guy about it the other day. Finally said, dude, it's -17C.. go inside and eat some crackers.

MWM

Veteran Member
TDI
Variant, 2003, Reflex Silver
Received this email text today from another Ottawa TDI guy

The biodiesel station in Ottawa will be called the Topia green Stop and will be located at the corner of Clyde and Woodward off Carling Ave. The grand opening is planned for the first week in March 2005, although no firm dates have been announced.
Looking forward to trying this once its available and the weather is warmer.

new_vr

Veteran Member
Just as an aside, I have been visiting Ottawa a fair bit lately, and have noticed the lack of diesel stations! Here in Barrie, I think about 50% of stations are diesel, but when I am there, and not on the highway, I have to look around a bit!

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
I have been visiting Ottawa a fair bit lately, and have noticed the lack of diesel stations
The problem with diesel stations in Ottawa is that many don't advertise the diesel, and if they do, it's often a rather obscure (and obscured) sign. Stations that advertise the price of their diesel are even harder to find.

Slowrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Golf Sportwagon
Just moved to Otawa from TO and thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead to see if there are any updates? It is crazy how rare diesel seems to be here vs Toronto or the East Coast.
Any stations downtown or in the Carling/Merrivale area? I've been checking out Ottawagasprices but don't know the city well enough yet to recognize the addresses.

SheeB

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Manual
They have diesel at the Loblaws Refuel at Baseline/Merivale. Also at the Petro-Canada Baseline/Clyde. As for the downtown, never fill there.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
I hate gas station that sell diesel at the same price as regular gas or even higher. Those station should be fire bomb.
Currently in interior BC diesel is 25% more than regular gasoline. Where I live diesel is $123.9 and gas is $0.99...