Where to buy ALH engines?

Dieseltoys

Vendor
TDI
Toyota Diesel
We're finalizing our TDI into Toyota truck kits and am looking for a viable source of quality complete engines w/ accessories.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
I've sold a few of those engine, but to get them in bulk, i don't know of anyone who does them in volume.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
When buying salvage remember there are absolutley no guarantees! Try IAAI.com or copart.com. You also may need licensing in your state to purchase salvage.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Scott_DeWitt said:
When buying salvage remember there are absolutley no guarantees! Try IAAI.com or copart.com. You also may need licensing in your state to purchase salvage.
yes but the best bet is to inspect a car locally before bidding. Get a car that has little to no engine compartment damage and you may end up better off then buying a motor from overseas. Because damage can happen in transport or maybe the wrong engine harness gets shipped with the motor. I think there are a number of swaps in this forum alone that can exemplfy this.

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel
I have one that I bought from Peter that only has 8,000km on it. Long block needs pump and timing belt kit. Got it to put in a customers car and he backed out. I just want my money back out of it. $2250 shipped to the lower 48.

Greg

KROUT

persona non grata
If you import one its not as easy as it was last year. Customs has siezed 2 motors I had coming. You will need engine seriel numbers and possibly vin numbers from the car it came out of. They have had my engines for 3 weeks and I dont think I will get them.

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
When ever I need to get a used TDI, I go to http://www.car-part.com and start searching. If you are in Canada, I highly recommend Import Auto Recyclers in Abotsford BC - they know what they are doing as far as getting the parts for a conversion.

Cheers!