Where to buy additional bolts to secure the skid plate

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Hello folks: one of the first things I did purchased for my Passat wagon was getting installed the Dieselgeek Panzer Plate. With the passing of time and getting serviced I no longer have the 'bolts' that further secure the plate on the driver side, passenger side and in the front bumper:

Any suggestion(s) where I can get these? I would feel better to further secure the plate to the car.

d0u8l3m

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5 Passat
Not sure about the panzer plate but I got a set of replacement hardware for my Thor plate from evolution import. I called em up and placed an order on the phone, maybe dieselgeek can get you a hardware kit. If they cant maybe the thor plate is similar enough that it uses the same hardware??

If you still have the clip nuts then I'm sure you can find a matching bolt at a local hardware store, just make sure its stainless or a grade with good corrosion resistance.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the quick reply d0u8l3m. Actually I answered by own question by going to https://www.dieselgeek.com and talking on the phone with Jim Royston. He was very helpful and order several items to have as backup (y)

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
If its a dieselgeek plate they sell just the bolts.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
If its a dieselgeek plate they sell just the bolts.

Well it was here where I could order the Dzus Quarter Turn Pin and the Dzus Quarter Turn Pin - Black and other backup skid plate parts: