Where does this hose go?

Matthew13

TDI
97 Passat Sedan, “Lili von Shtupp”
I found this the other day laying on my brake booster. Any idea what it does and where it should hook back up? Does it go to that hose hanging down on the firewall?

Car is a '97 B4 Sedan. (Yes, I know some of my hoses are ratty...slowly fixing that)

Thanks!
Matthew

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
To the ECU. The MAP sensor is inside. Goes up to the firewall, then through a holder, and then through the firewall by the passenger side strut tower, then back towards the middle of the car to the ECU. Take the cabin filter access cover off and you'll see it.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Ditto what others posted, MAP sensor in the ECU.

You should be able to find another hose somewhere that it connects to. I would replace the line to the ECU with a completely new one that runs the full distance without a splicer.

Steve

Matthew13

TDI
97 Passat Sedan, “Lili von Shtupp”
All - appreciate your help. I thought it *might* go to the hose on the right (the one hanging there) but didn't want to plug the loose thing into the wrong thing and cross the streams.

Copy on the idea to run one continuous hose. Will add it to the list.

Thanks,
matthew

oilhammer

TDI
From the factory, VAG often used some plastic tubing to go the longer distances, and then the braided rubber stuff at each end. Whichever way is fine, just make sure it is all secure and not leaking.

The proper braided stuff is still available, and fits perfect, and is pretty long lasting and is resistant to abrasion and fluids. Continental makes it. Kraftstoffschlauch. N-20-353-1 3.5mm. I buy it by the 20m roll.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Geez, they’re still around? I dealt with them once, and never again....

-Todd

oilhammer

TDI
Well I wouldn't buy it there, anyway. I'm sure it is available in many places. I buy it in a big roll from a wholesaler, much less than that.