Where do I find MKIII Jetta parking brake cable guide tubes?!?!

TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI
I just replaced my parking brake cables and when I took the old ones out the end of the guide tubes came with it. The car is so rusty it was bound to happen and they would’ve needed to be replaced sooner or later. I’ve been looking for an hour or so and I can’t find a single one that fits a ‘98 Jetta tdi. Any other suggestions? Can I use mkIV guide tubes?

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
Im willing to bet the cost of new mk4 guides that mk4 ones would fit 😁 have not directly compared them, but they sure look almost identical last time I was under an Mk4.

TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI
Im willing to bet the cost of new mk4 guides that mk4 ones would fit 😁 have not directly compared them, but they sure look almost identical last time I was under an Mk4.
They didn’t work. Not the right bends

TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI
I found the right side on ECS Tuning but the left one is no longer available!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Literally no one sells it. The left part number is 1H0 711 951 B and the right one is 1H0 711 952 C.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
Maybe make them work if you had a little tubing bender?

volksguy

Veteran Member
Totally Agree or Looks like a Hose place could Reproduce them for you out of like 3/8 tubing.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
Some pex or similar tubing might work if it happens to have diameter to be a press fit with heat gun helping.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Making some NLA parts for A3 and B4 TDIs is becoming the norm. Brake lines, power steering lines, coolant hoses...those are just the beginning.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I noticed that the new cables don't work so well without the guide tubes. I have to figure something out also.
Unsure if that’s sarcasm, but how could they possibly work?

Get some .5” id steel tube, bend it and tack it in.

-Todd