where can i spend the VW dealer $500 gift card?

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
ok other than the dealership where can I spend that $500, does kerma or Diesel Geek take that card?

mine run out in a week so I need to use them soon, I am getting a MK4 so I'd like to use the VW only $500 towards a tune or exhaust if possible.

or maybe just a $500 Kerma gift card

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
called kerma, they accept them. i'll just buy myself a $500 gift card from them

chasingleprechauns

TDI
2014 Passat, 2014 Jetta
I bought a bunch of stuff from VW Driver Gear. Couple pairs of Oakley glasses, two beach chairs, swag for the kids ... they even combined two cards (we had two cars) to cover the balance. Works for us ...

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
cards are used up, $500 amazon gift card and my local dealer ordered me a bunch of DG stuff, sigma 6 short shifter and full skid plate system.

thank VW!!

johnmharte

TDI
2013 JSW TDI - 6MT/Nav/Pano
I tried to get mine extended, they would not do it.
The dealership card. I'm about 1.5hrs from any dealership so I guess mine is dead and that's $500 lost.

How did you guys get them to extend the card?
VW customer care advocate lady said I'm out of luck.

Last edited:

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
The dealership card. I'm about 1.5hrs from any dealership so I guess mine is dead and that's $500 lost.

No kidding? I was surprised when my wife told me she called in to extend, and the whole process was automated -- she just pushed a few buttons, and didn't talk to anybody.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Primarily you spend the $500 dealer card at the dealer.... (exceptions above I was not aware of).... I bought $500 in parts (oil, filters, lube, LED interior light kit), and a nice driver gear jacket by mail order from VW dealer in California.

The dealer had limited Driver Gear apparel selection, but found one I liked, just not my sized. Got in line and found my size in better price. They accepted the remaining balance of my card and I chipped in a few bucks more... I have my next few oil changes and DSG change covered, except labor... mine.

alexvtr

TDI
2014 TDI
Last time I went to the dealer for an oil change, I asked they swipe my "dealer card" for the balance of the card (which was obviously higher than the oil change invoice) and now I have a credit without an expiry date. Mind you, I can only use it at that particular dealer but it's better that losing the money.

VarmintSlayer

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Trendline TDI 6spd manual Black
Last time I went to the dealer for an oil change, I asked they swipe my "dealer card" for the balance of the card (which was obviously higher than the oil change invoice) and now I have a credit without an expiry date. Mind you, I can only use it at that particular dealer but it's better that losing the money.
I

My local dealership also told me I could have the card balance transfered to an in store credit.

Spulen81

Veteran Member

You can use the card online at other VW dealers and have the stuff shipped to you. I ordered 3 different times online, no questions asked.

johnmharte

TDI
I wish I had done the online thing. But instead my card is not able to be extended. I'm 1.5hrs from the closest VW dealership so I was hoping to use the dealership card when turning in the car. Given was accepted on 10/10 and have no offer still... that went out the window and so did that $500 dealer cash.

I wish I had seen the online ordering, I thought it was only to be used in dealership.

uscnoklahoma

TDI
Passat
I wish I had done the online thing. But instead my card is not able to be extended. I'm 1.5hrs from the closest VW dealership so I was hoping to use the dealership card when turning in the car. Given was accepted on 10/10 and have no offer still... that went out the window and so did that $500 dealer cash.

I wish I had seen the online ordering, I thought it was only to be used in dealership.
Heck, I thought I was the only person in Greenwood, SC on here lol

johnmharte

TDI
Heck, I thought I was the only person in Greenwood, SC on here lol
Nope! I'm one of the three white JSW TDIs in town. Ours is a manual but has a red bullseye sticker on the drivers' door. We've called our car bullseye for a while, long story.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd

i did all mine over the phone yesterday with the parts guy, he set his dealership up as a DG dealer so he could order the parts for me. seems it all depends on what the people at the dealer want to do.

you can have the items shipped to you so you don't have to drive that far.

Johnny G1

TDI
2013 golf wagon DSg
Spent the last $200. @ the liqour store, since VW was good enough to give me a card I figured they wouldn't mind me having a drink or two on them. Thanks VW